domestic - george

"cooking with george and then watching a movie while eating whatever we cooked and we cuddle and"

Requested by arfbarkwoofwoofbark

--

You had been dating George for about 6 months by now. It was the best relationship you think you'd ever had; he was caring, he offered the same amount of effort as you, he listened to your problems and, in turn, you listened to his. You hadn't found out he was a youtuber until 3 months into your relationship. He said he played Minecraft with friends and was trying to build a following, and that his best friend's 'manhunt' video had recently blown up.

All-in-all, you were extremely happy. You could even imagine a future with the man, something you hadn't been able to do for any of your previous relationships.

You had only one gripe, and it had to do with the kitchen. No, he wasn't a terrible chef, but he tended to get distracted easily, or create a massive mess. Currently, you were both in the kitchen making your dinner for the night, and George decided he would begin to prepare the dessert. Pancakes.

Which meant he has to handle flour.

You flip the steak over and turn your head over your shoulder, glancing at your boyfriend. He always dressed up for the occasion, donning his white chef suit and chef hat. He was so cute, and you realised how lucky you were. "Remember not to get it everywhere, babe?"

George made a quiet noise of surprise and he smiled, "Have you got no faith in me?"

"Judging how our second date went and your counters were covered in the stuff? No," you reply, turning back to the meat you were cooking. The air was filled only with the noises of your tools and the quiet notes of songs on the radio. It was blissfully domestic.

"These pancakes are gonna be really good," he piped up, breaking the comfortable silence, "I'll do them up really nice too. I'll put powdered sugar and strawberries on them."

God, you were so in love with this man.

--

"So what movie were you thinking?" George asks as you both take a seat on your sofa, your boyfriend snatching up the remote. The plates of steak were resting on both your thighs, and the pancakes- the really pretty ones- were on the coffee table.

"Whatever you haven't seen."

"Well, that really narrows it down," he replies sarcastically before clicking on some generic animated movie. You both didn't really care, as long as you were spending time together.

Oh, and the pancakes were delicious.