chapter-17

He came home and kept the groceries and snacks in place, Haya woke up and went downstairs. "You woke up so early today?" She asked,

"I didn't even sleep" he chuckled, "I've bought everything that's necessary and if you want I'll arrange for a maid today," he said,

"Why do we need a maid when you can do everything," She said, crossing her arms across her chest, "huh?" he thought he heard wrong,

"Why can't you do the chores?" she grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and started eating, "you have to do it, willingly or unwillingly" she whispered in his ear and walked out to the garden.

"I'll try to do the chores because I also need to go to work and I don't know how to cook," he said walking back of her, she smirked as she found another plan, "Will you eat anything I cook for you?" she turned towards him and asked. "yes" he replied.

"By the way, we are staying in the same room," he said, "Nope!" she semi yelled, "The guest room needs to get renovated and the other two rooms are locked and I can't stay there,  he lied about the guest room because he wanted to stay near her.

"Okay!" she huffed angrily, walking inside she saw a bouquet on the table. Maaz walked beside her and said, "I brought it for you, you love yellow roses right?" He asked,

"I hate them now!" saying she threw the bouquet in the dustbin, Maaz sighed and went to take shower, entering the dining room he saw breakfast ready on the table.

Haya made some pancakes and coffee for them, he sat beside her and ate the pancakes in silence, Haya was chatting with her friend and sipping on her coffee, "What are you doing" she asked when she saw Maaz drinking coffee from her cup, "This tastes better" He said and continued drinking from her cup.

"I drank from that cup, why would you drink from it?" she scrunched her nose, "Because I love you and this too," he said and handed her the cup. "I've to leave for office" he kissed her forehead and left.

"What the hell" she mumbled looking at her cup. "So he proved that he is your stepbrother" Maaz came to Saad's office and narrated to him everything that happened yesterday. "Saad, don't call him my stepbrother!" Maaz said.

"What are you going to do now?" He asked, Maaz rubbed his temple and stayed silent for  two minutes, "They appointed Yasir as the COO" he said,

"I am sure Mahir did this!!" Saad said with assurance, "He did! I'll leave now I've some work to do" he said and walked out of Saad's office.

"Hi, do you need any help?" he asked Haya, entering the house. "No thanks," she replied while cutting the vegetables. "Okay, I am in the room if you need any help then call me" he entered his room and sat on the couch with papers scattered on the table.

Maaz's pov

It's been more than a week since we shifted here, I miss my mom and Heer. Haya went to live with her Mama two days after we shift here.

Her house reminds me that I need more than two crores to buy that orphanage, I saved three crores to start my own business and build my dream house but I need this money for the orphanage now. The orphanage doesn't costs crores or millions but my greedy brother wants all my money!

I thought to buy a house for Haya but I need to save the orphanage first! Maybe I can gift her this house?

Okay so for two crores more, I need to sell all my cars and keep only one and sell all the plots I bought with my money. So I'll be left with only one car and this Mansion, it's more than enough.

"You sold your favourite sports car???" Saad freaked out when I told him about it, "yeah, I didn't need it anyway" I tried to explain. 

"Dude, I feel sad for you," he said making a sad face, "Awee my baby.. Get lost, I don't need your sympathy!" we spent some time together and then he left for his home.