二 | (first name)'s arc

rel: this chapter will show one scene year per year. the most relevant you'll need to know.

×

after the planned death of lady gizem amory —

"i see you've planned to leave everything behind for a new life," balladeer mentioned as he looks at you with a smile, offering his hand out.

you smiled back at him as you took his hand, mouthing "once i've set my eyes on something,"

"i must have it,"

"no, i will have it."

"you will be a wonderful addition to the orphanage," balladeer mentioned as kept a smile on his face.

"what are the terms of my stay?" you asked him as the car you were both in were driving pass the borders of svart.

"you just need to do what you've always been best at," he turned his head to you.

"act innocent."

you looked him in the eye as he mentioned those words. he was right. asides from the tangible things you did while being gizem, the thing you did the best, was to act innocent and be as uninvolved as possible.

"the head of the orphanage only craves for one thing." balladeer continued to talk,

"eternity." he paused as soon as he mentioned that one word.

balladeer looked out the window before continuing his story, "she craves a legacy to continue over time. never ending— a seemingly endless authority."

"what do you do in the orphanage?" you asked him,

"the orphanage cons the rich."

"once we milk them out, the head master, ei. saves the poor."

"what a heavy vision," you told him. "getting your hands dirty for something so trivial— so temporary."

balladeer laughed at your comment as he mustered, "to be able to lead such an organization requires you to be brutal."

"it's a leader's job to ensure her underlings are well taken care of. regardless if that makes her tainted, dirty, or even the villain."

you could only stare at him as he was explaining his master's goals.

the thoughts in your head spun around as you've realized you did the same thing.

the gist of wanting and taking.

"your organization seems like a good fit for the dead lady gizem." you mouthed as you crossed your legs.

"i am under your wing now, balladeer. i hope you take care of me."

×

4 years later

×

— (first name)'s last year of her graduate course - 3rd year criminal law —