Chapter twenty nine

The last few days were a blur

The last few days were a blur. Reid and I hadn't called eachother or even texted but I'm glad he was able to give me the space that I needed instead of bombarding me with 'I miss you' messages.

I was now sitting alone in a tiny coffee shop looking down at my laptop applying for endless amounts of job applications. I decided that stripping wasn't for me anymore, as much as I loved it I couldn't do it forever plus Reid is now in my life I don't want to dance for anyone else but him.

I mainly wanted an office job or to work as an assistant for someone I was even interested in marketing, if I asked Reid he would just get me the job considering I'm his girlfriend but I wanted to get this job myself.

I wasn't one of those to fuck their way to the top I need to do it by myself otherwise what's the point?

"Is this seat taken?" A low voice spoke to me, I peered up from my laptop and a man in what seemed to be his early twenties looked down on me. He looked tall but maybe just a few inches shorter than Reid he also had light brown hair with a growing beard.

"Uhh no" I said awkwardly, I need to stop being so nice sometimes. The man sat opposite me whilst I typed a few things on my laptop and I could feel his burning gaze set on me.

"You just looked sad so I thought I'd join you" He spoke up taking a small sip of his coffee.

"I'm not sad" I chuckled "I'm just having... problems" Fuck. Already way too much information to be telling a stranger.

"Relationship problems?" He asked quirking a brow and I closed my laptop.

"Yeah kind of" I answered.

"Talk to me, I know a lot about men" He chuckled and my head shot up furrowing my brows and he seemed to notice my confusion "I'm gay honey" He chuckled and a wave of relief washed over me.

"Oh" I laughed "In that case my boyfriend and I, we just got into a small argument" I answered.

"Small argument?"

"Well a guy touched me in a club and Reid- my boyfriend, punched him in the face so many times I couldn't recognise the man anymore" I sighed "He could've killed him"

"Damn girl if he's willing to kill for you he's a keeper"

"Seriously?"

"Oh definitely, if my boyfriend ever did that for me I think I would just drop dead right there and then. If he's protecting you he must be insanely in love with you." He explained.

"I mean I guess so, he just scared me a little, ever since-" I probably shouldn't be telling a stranger about Adrien "He's just becoming more aggressive lately and it's scaring me"

"Are you scared he would ever hurt you?" He asked softly.

"No" I answered honestly.

"Then you have nothing to be scared about" The man said "What's your name honey?" He asked.

"Anna, what's yours?"

"Garrett" He smiled sweetly "I think you should sit down and talk to Reid about how he's making you feel instead of sitting in a shitty coffee shop with a rating of two stars" Garrett chuckles.

"You're right" I smiled.

Garrett and I talked for a while, he spoke about how he's just finishing his last year of college and he gave me a detailed explanation on how good the sex with his boyfriend is. He's like a male version of me and I love it.

"Anyway I should go, I'm supposed to be meeting my boyfriend" He said "Give me your phone" He demanded.

"W-what?" I raised an eyebrow at his fowardness.

"So I can type in my number" He laughed "Girl you're way too funny" Garrett joked and I passed him my phone. He typed in his number and gave my phone back to me.

"Have a good day Anna" He smiled grabbing his shoulder bag.

"You too" I said back to him, Garrett walked away from my table and I remained seated staring out the window at the cars driving past and the busy people rushing around on their lunch break.

Garrett is right. If I wasn't scared of Reid hurting me I had no reason to be scared of him.

As soon as I packed up my laptop ready to go home my phone buzzed and Vickys name flashed at the top of the screen so I immediately picked up.

"Hey Vick what's up?" I smiled.

"I need to see you immediately"

"What's going on?"

"I'm on my way to your house I need to talk to you it's urgent" She stated and I could hear the sound of ruffling in the background.

"Vicky you're scaring me"

"I'll see you soon love you" And with that she hung up.

At this point my heart was racing, what could be so urgent that she had to tell me in person?

I called an uber which quickly drove me to my house and I saw that Vickys car was already parked outside meaning she was already there. I grabbed my laptop bag and sped into the house and I knew she would already be in my room so I jogged up the stairs into my room met with a panicking Vicky sitting on my bed.

"I need to borrow your red lingerie set with the garter belts" She panted.

"Are you fucking serious Vicky I thought you were in danger" I huffed dropping my laptop bag on the floor.

"I am in danger!" She yelled "Of not getting fucked in a good pair of lingerie"

I chuckled walking over to my closet trying to find the lingerie she politely asked for. Not.

"So is this lingerine for Blaine or the guy you met at the club a few nights ago" I smirked.

"Oh please this is for Blaine, the guy at the club was just a quick fuck to get back at Blaine for having dinner with his ex without telling me" Vicky said casually.

And I thought Reid and I were complicated...

"So are you two in a relationship or not?" I questioned handing her the lingerine set.

"Please tell me you washed this" She chuckles.

"Of course I did now answer my question" I urge her and she sighs dropping her head.

"Ugh I don't even know, he's so difficult he says he doesn't want to be in a relationship with me but then gets jealous when I dance for other guys which is literally my fucking job not to mention he went out for dinner with his ex so how the fuck does that work"

"Men are assholes sometimes, you need to tell him how you feel about this and if he doesn't want a relationship you need to end it for good"

I'd never thought I'd be the one giving the boy advice since I'm always the one receiving it but here we are

"You know what you're right, I'm gonna put on this sexy lingerie and he can decide if he wants to fuck me in it or not"

"That's the fucking spirit" I slung my arm around her shoulder pulling her in to my body.

"You should probably go see Reid you smell like shit and your room is a mess not to mention the eye bags under your eyes" She blurted out and I couldn't help but laugh at her honesty.

"Fine. I'll go see him"