Well-Aware

Albedo and Kaeya was definitely not expecting to be greeted by a battered and bruised Y/n. A sudden panic overcame him as he dash in without thinking.

"Y/n!" Albedo cried out. Luckily, the Fatui realised they were caught and quickly ran out of there. Without a second to spare, Albedo carried the unconscious Y/n and left Kaeya in the dust.

Getting you to Barbara was the only thing running through his mind, at this point he couldn't even maintain his calm and collected demeanor.

Albedo look at her and felt a sense of deju vu and recalled the time when he first met her. Honestly, he was quite intrigued by her and only really see her as something to experiment on. However, as time goes on, the more he learned the similarly between them, the more comfortable he got with her. Albedo had to admit she has grown on him. Although he doesn't show it much, He does truly appreciate her company.

The feeling of guilt was eating him away. He could have prevented this from happening...

Even though he couldn't have predicted this, he still can't help but feel somewhat accountable for this.

To say the least, the citizens of Monstadt was definitely not prepared to see the usually calm Alchemist frantically running pass them like a manic not even caring to apologise for shoving them out of the way.

"Barbara!" Albedo yelled, as he slammed open the doors to the cathedral.

"Eek! Chief Alchemist?!" The last person she would have ever thought, bursting through the doors in such an unholy manner would be the Chief Alchemist of the Knights of Favonius.

But that isn't the time to correct such behaviour, Barbara caught wind of the situation and wasted no time to heal Y/n.

Just then, Jean burst through the door demanding an explanation from Albedo for causing a huge ruckus. Only to see urgency and panic in his eyes, Jean was taken a back seeing the Alchemist like this. Until she laid eyes on Y/n.

"Big si- I mean, Master Jean!" Barbara greeted.

"What happened here Albedo?"Jean questioned. Only to be met with silence.

" Is she okay Barbara?! " Instead Albedo completely ignored Jean and asked for Y/n's well-being.

" Fortunately, I managed to heal her injuries but she should still rest for a few days. As the stab wound needs to recover a tad bit more."

Albedo heaved a sigh of relief.
" I see. Thank you for your help Barbara."

"Albedo, would kindly tell me what just happened to Y/n?" Jean interfered.

"I will in a second, Y/n still needs a place to rest." Albedo replied in a calm tone, but Jean knows that was only a facade.

"Rest assured! The cathedral have rooms for recoveries just like this." Barbara said.

Without a second to spare, Albedo picked up Y/n and place her in one of those rooms. Closing the door as he went out.

"Is now perhaps the time to talk?" Asked the slighty impatient Jean.

Albedo proceeded to explain what he knows. However, was not sure as to why that trio would dare to attack Y/n in the first place.

"I see, I will try my best to dig as much evidence as I can. I won't allow them to get away with this a second time. Anyways, I believe you have something to tell me, or do you still need more time to research on her?"
Jean looked at the door leading to where Y/n was resting.

" I apologised Master Jean, I made you worried for no reason. Y/n is indeed no threat to Monstadt whatsoever. " Albedo reassured.

" Oh thank Barbatos, at least I have one less thing to worry about now. Thanks Albedo for helping with this issue even though you were already very busy yourself. "