Chapter 1

Present...

I entered the shop in quite a mood today for reasons unknown to me. I planned to go to the orphanage today to celebrate my birthday, or of all of us, after I finish buying a gift for the caretaker.

A pyramid caught my attention, which I already imagined kept on the counter or used as a paper weight. As soon as I grabbed the masterpiece, another hand grabbed it just above me caging my hands underneath his.

 As soon as I grabbed the masterpiece, another hand grabbed it just above me caging my hands underneath his

"Hey! I got it first!" I shouted at the intruder.

"I saw it first!" His cold voice was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"Hey Mr. Let me have it. What is it to you even? You look rich! You can get plenty of them from other shops." I poked my finger on his bicep. But what he did next made me embarrassed. He picked up my finger with his thumb and forefinger as if, if he touches me more, he will catch the virus and push it away.

"Stop touching me! Don't you have manners?" His tone held annoyance.

"Manner? Manners? You are talking about manners?" I shouted on top of my lungs. "Do you even know the M or manners? Huh? You are disrespecting a girl here and you have the audacity to teach me manners?"

"Listen here girl! Don't mess up with me. Or you will bear the consequences." He said dangerously slow but it affected me least because my anger was already on high peak after he ruined my mood.

"What do you think of yourself huh?" She grabbed his collars and jerked him towards her.

"Don't you know that it is haram to touch a Na Mahram? Or you aren't a Muslim?" He said looking into my eyes with such a coldness that I felt the hair of my skin rising and I immediately left him.

He didn't take a second to slam the masterpiece on the counter and stormed out of the shop.

That flared my anger and I ran behind him. Grabbing his perfectly tailored suit, I pulled him around to face me.

"What do you think of yourself? Huh?" I gritted my teeth. His sentence settled an unknown fear in my heart.

"Leave me alone. Why are you even following me? I left that piece, right? Then what's the problem?" He hissed annoyingly at me and looked here and there to see people watching us in amusement.

He turned around again and without waiting for my reply entered the elevator. But I wasn't done with him now! How dare he ruin my day? I stepped behind him at which he groaned in annoyance.

"What is your problem? Huh? Why are you even like this? And who are you to point out if I am muslim or not? You are not pious yourself. Are you even listening to me?" I screeched as he ignored me leisurely and stepped out of the elevator and towards the parking lot. No matter how much this was contradicting my usual personality, I badly wanted to strangle him to death, so I followed him, even when I could see two bulbs screaming danger at the either side of his head.