Oops.

I'm writing, I'm writing! Life is so busy at the minute I've barely had chance to put any ideas into this.

We raced towards the lab whispering the plan to each other. Yelena was going to stay guard and I was going to peep in the briefcase and then we'd make it back to the gym before Wanda heard our thoughts or Natasha sensed we were doing something brilliant! I was sure she'd want to know what was in the case just as much as us anyway.

The lab was dark and silent as we moved through it. We communicated through the occasional glance as we searched each room for the mystery briefcase. The room wasn't even locked away when we found it, clearly it wasn't that big of a deal, probably just some boring papers on HYDRAS most wanted. Yelena gave me a quick nod as I edged towards the case, I paused before I flipped it open. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew this wasn't a good idea but me opening this case was long overdue. If I hadn't  failed the mission the first time around I'd of looked in this by now. After one more quick glance at Yelena I lifted the lid.

I'd intended to lift it slowly but as soon as the first inch of it open the lid flew off and blasted me into Yelena. Our heads crashed together and I felt her nose pop against my eyebrow. We stayed in a heap on the floor for a few moments waiting for something to happen.

"You dead?" She groaned shoving me off her.
"Nope, are you?" I pulled myself to my knees and looked around the room, the case seemed to have closed itself but the rest of the room was coated in a thick dust, "well so much for being subtle" I nodded toward the mess we'd left.

Just as we were squabbling over the best way to get away with the whole incident Bruce walked in.
"What have you two idiots done now?" His voice seemed strained and I'm pretty sure I saw a tinge of green flush through his skin.
"Idiots seems harsh" mumbled Yelena as she pulled me to my feet. Aside from the throbbing eyebrow I didn't feel too bad for being blasted half way across a room.
Bruce looked from us to the case and back again, "please tell me you didn't open that"
"It wasn't locked!" We said in unison.

"Iron man give me strength!" He pinched the bridge of his nose and took a few deep breaths. "Med bay. Now."
For once in our lives me and Yelena didn't argue. This seemed a lot less funny now.

————————

I covered my head with the pillow trying to drown out Nat and Wanda's lecture. They'd been at it for hours and didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. We'd been fully checked out and there was no damage, Stark actually seemed disappointed that we hadn't dropped down dead or grown spare heads. Apparently what was in the case was something alien tech that hydra had been using to try and create a super soldier or too but they'd had no luck. They'd just killed a few hundred people in the process.

"Can we go now?" Yelena asked Bruce for what felt like the 50th time. I peaked out from behind my pillow avoiding Nat's eyes. Bruce's eyes flashed to Nat for a second and I felt a pang of something I couldn't explain, a weird sense of longing. I shook it off and chalked it up to jealousy, it's not like their past was a secret but the way he looked at her got under my skin sometimes.
"Yeah there's nothing wrong with us, maybe you guys picked up the wrong exploding case" I muttered quietly, I was about to continue but a look from Nat silenced me.

Bruce sighed looking over some charts again, "you can both go but you're under supervision for the next few days. If anything weird happens or you feel the tiniest bit unwell I want you both back here immediately." He glanced at Nat again this time holding her gaze a little bit too long, I tried to relax when I noticed it was making me clench my jaw. Yelena was already skipping out the room grabbing her jacket along the way with Wanda half a step behind. I made for the door expecting Nat to follow but she lingered to talk to Bruce.
I shrugged and headed the way Yelena and Wanda had gone, I found them wrapped up on the couch and rolled my eyes. Wanda wasn't going to let Yelena out of her sight for a while which meant no clowning about.

I slammed my door shut harder than I intended to and fell back onto the bed. I was pretty sure I still felt normal as I gazed at the white ceiling.
"You know jealously doesn't suit you" Nat's voice startled me, I hadn't even heard her come in the room.
"Yeah well...clothes don't look good on you" I propped myself up on my elbows and smirked at her. I was pretty impressed with that one.
Nat paused for a second before flicking the lock on my door, "are you asking me to undress baby?" She purred as she crawled up my bed towards me. I swallowed hard trying to catch the breath that suddenly got stuck in my lungs.

She straddled me before she tilted my chin up and began to kiss me softly. She stopped for a moment and rested her forehead against mine.
"Promise me... no more stupid stuff. I don't want to lose you" her voice was barely a whisper all I could do was nod. Then quick as the softness came it was gone, she grabbed me by the throat and pushed me hard against the bed. Her lips fought against mine as she continued to squeeze my throat. I moaned quietly into her mouth and squirmed underneath her. She broke the kiss leaving me breathing hard, I stared at her hungrily. She was just beginning to take off the tight vest she wore for training when I took a chance. I managed to spin her round and pin her under me. I pressed her hands into the mattress either side of her head and lent down to kiss her. I hovered slightly over her mouth and couldn't help the smile as she tried and failed to close the distance.
"Baby..." she whined as I continued to let her struggle.
"Tell me what you want Romanoff...." I traced my tongue along her lower lip and waited for the answer.