|29|

- Lucifer - 

I felt like a fucking asshole back at her place. 

Even though I'm still mad and she needs to be told off, I couldn't help but want to hug her and tell her that it was all okay and that I wasn't angry at her. Her watery eyes and pouty lips almost made me forget why I was pissed off in the first place. 

But I couldn't just let it slide like that. 

Earlier today she was acting all secretive with her new friend, Cameron I think, which I was fine with but it also confused me a little since Delilah never keeps things away from me. After that, she practically kicked me out of her house, which only added to my suspicion. 

I know I'm clingy as fuck but still. 

Usually, when I tell her I'm going back home she'd beg me to stay, so it was weird when she told me that I'd be a distraction. Either way, I gave in and left. She was supposed to text me every hour, and she had been until she suddenly stopped. 

At first, I let it go since I thought she was still doing her 'homework' and she'd been too caught up in her writing to remember to text me. But then I hadn't heard from her for a solid two hours and a half. 

That's when I started to panic. 

I texted Dante, and he had no clue of her whereabouts and like I said, her and her brothers weren't answering the phone. 

Imagine this, the one person in the world that you love being in possible danger. 

Call me dramatic, but it scared the life out of me. 

I know the events of her past, and I know that if more and more people find out about Delilah, it'll only add to the amount of targets she has on her. I can't help but be paranoid about it. 

She is the one person in this world that I can't lose. 

I don't even want to think about her ever being gone. 

If she's gone, I might as well go with her. There's no point in me being here if Delilah isn't. 

Her existance alone is keeping me alive. 

I left her house with my heart physically hurting. I can't forgive and forget what she's done so easily, but fuck it's so hard to be mad at her. Her little sniffled echoed the hallways as I walked up to the door, I couldn't even turn to face her because I knew if I did, I'd probably run back to her and kiss her tears away instantly. 

Now that I'm inside my car, I take a proper look at the bag she's given me. 

I have no clue what it is so I just place it in the passengers seat, Delilah's seat. 

I'll just open it when I get home. 

With a sigh, I started the car and drove off, not before taking a glance at her room window just to get a peak of the perfect girl inside, but unfortunately, I didn't see her. 

The drive home was horrible. 

I have this bad fucking feeling. 

I try and shake away the feeling as I head inside with the bag secured in my hands. As soon as I got up to my apartment, I sat down on the edge of my bed and opened it. 

I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw an assortment of different things. 

A single flower, a card, a little jewellery box and a fucking dog stuffie.

I picked up the flower first, it was pretty. I'll need to find a vase for it. I then picked up the stuffed animal and almost laughed at myself. 

If anyone walks into this room and sees me holding this, my reputation is done for.