Intermission 1 - Relaxing and Trying Out New Powers

Disclaimer: I don't own anything besides the OCs. Overlord is owned by Enterbrain, Kugane Maruyama, and the anime is owned by Funimation and Kadokawa Pictures Inc. RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum (RIP). Please support the official releases.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright guys, I think we need to address the elephant in the room so why not take a break?" Sid stands from his throne. "Jaune, Ruby, James would you like to come with me please?"

"Where are we going?" Ruby asked.

"Well seeing as Jaune is able to use the abilities of his overlord counterpart, it would stand to reason that you can all do the same as well." Sid explains. "Everyone else can go and explore the Observatory. Once we're finished you will all be teleported back to your seats."

"What about us?" G.O.D. asked.

"I don't know, do whatever. You can't leave this place anyway." Sid shrugs. "Alright, lets go." The hooded god snaps his fingers and the small group vanishes.

(6th Floor: Arena)

The group suddenly appears in some kind of arena.

(I don't own this image. If you recognize it then great)

"Wow!" Ruby's eyes sparkle as she goes on overdrive and inspects every nook and cranny of the place.

"What do you think? Cool huh?" Sid asked.

"Interesting. This looks mistrelian in design." Ironwood comments.

"Is this where we'll test out our magic?" Jaune asked.

"Eeyup." Sid replied. "So who wants to go first?"

James is the first to step forward. "Cool. You might need this." A sword materializes in front of the general and he grabs it. He gives it a couple of swings, "ready?"

"Of course." James said.

Sid extends his hand and skeletons begin to sprout from the ground, some of them are wearing armor and have weapons.

James remembers the words his counterpart said during the fight. "[Martial Art: Focus Battle Aura]" his sword glows blue for a second before he charge at them. He easily slices through the horde of monsters before a couple of skeletons try to attack him.

"[Magic Shield]"

A green dome surrounds the general as their attack bounces off. He looks to see Ruby holding a wooden staff. "Thank you, Ms. Rose."

"Hehe." Ruby sheepishly chuckles.

James sees the remaining group of skeletons. "Let's end this. [Martial Art: Six-Fold Slash of Light]" His blade glows blue again, and much like his counterpart, he swings his sword once and six slash traces appear and destroy the remaining skeletons.