11.

As his alarm went off, Imaan groaned as he silenced it

  As his alarm went off, Imaan groaned as he silenced it. Opening his eyes, Imaan squinted at the light pouring into the room. Looking down, a smile formed as he witnessed Sayori, sleeping peacefully on his chest.

  He laughed to himself—looking at her large bonnet covering her eyes, with her mouth slightly parted. Her manicured hand rested at the bottom of his stomach, with her leg thrown around his waist. Though his right arm felt like dead weight, he didn't want to move.

  "Baby, quit staring," Sayori mumbled, lowering her face.

  "I'm not," Imaan laughed, "I was just—lookin' for a long time."

  "That's called staring," Sayori removed her bonnet from her face. She rubbed her eyes, before giving Imaan a kiss.

  "How'd you sleep?" Imaan asked, pulling Sayori closer to him. His hands comfortingly rubbed the small of her back, watching as her eyes closed.

  "Really well," Sayori responded, "I always sleep well when I'm with you."

  "Corny," Imaan said, as the two shared a laugh. He planted a kiss on her forehead before the two laid in comfortable silence.

  A knock on the door sounded, revealing Talia and Chance, "Rise and Shine niggas!" Chance yelled, hissing as Talia popped him.

  "Grand rising, lovebirds," Talia smiled, "Breakfast is downstairs."

  "Thank you, T," Imaan said, as he and Sayori got up from the bed, "We'll be downstairs."

  Heading to the restroom, Imaan and Sayori began their morning routine side by side. Imaan joked about Sayori's light snores—mimicking them as the two shared a laugh.

   "I do not snore," Sayori denied, as Imaan made a face at her.

  "I'm gon' record you, Phat," Imaan shook his head, "You need to be stopped. I'm 'bout to get you them li' nose things."

  "Really?" Sayori's mouth dropped, "It's that bad?"

  "Think of it as," He trailed off, wrapping his arms around her waist, "A gift."

  "Get out of here," Sayori laughed, turning to face him.

  Imaan smiled as she wrapped her arms loosely around his neck. He enjoyed this feeling—the feeling of everything emotion he felt, finally being reciprocated.

  Imaan kissed Sayori softly," I love you."

  "I love you," She responded, "I'll never get tired of hearing that."

  "And I'll never get tired of saying it," He smiled, kissing her once more.

  The kiss deepened, as Imaan held Sayori by her waist. Imaan stiffened, hearing a soft moan escape from Sayori's mouth. His lips didn't leave hers as he lifted her and placed her legs around his waist.