88. Cooking

(It's getting harder to make time to write here. I have way too many university assignments. I'm sorry about how slow the updates have become.)

"You're a horrible chef!" Lana joked, playfully hitting my shoulder while I was cooking our dinner.

"Please, I am fabulous at everything," I said.

"Sure... I most definitely believe you," she said, grabbing a fruit and walking out of the kitchen.

"I'm making lunch, why are you eating a fruit?!" I yelled after her.

"Because I'm allergic to woldez!" She yelled back. I looked down at the meat that I was stirring along with some vegetables.

(Woldez: chicken, language Blasaedan)

"LISDALION!" I yelled in frustration. I took the meat off the platform and chucked it in the bin. I thoroughly washed the vessel, not wanting even a speck of the chicken to stay back. I accidentally applied too much pressure and broke the vessel. "You've got to be kidding me."

(Lisdalion: fuck- often used in expression of immense frustration or anger, language Blasaedan)

"Relax, it's fine. We can go out to eat," she said, walking back in. She glances at the vessel "And we can buy some new kitchen supplies."

-

"Get out of the cart!" Lana scolded, but laughed along with me.

"No. I'll protect the cart while you do the shopping," I whined. Once we got a cart, I climbed into it and plopped down, effectively embarrassing my best friend. "Go on now. Bring me the food."

She flipped me off, eliciting a laugh from me. I fumbled with my fingers as she pushed the cart around the aisles. People stared at us, but we paid no mind. We were having fun.

"What do you want to eat tonight?" I asked, as we walked down the Taco aisle.

"You know, you can just tell me that we're eating tacos tonight. You look like you're about to drool at the sight of them," she said, taking a box from the shelf. She tries reading the list of ingredients, but gives up and hands me the box. "Translate."

"Why are you giving it to me? I barely know Korean," I said. Nonetheless, I took the box and tried reading what I could. "Salt, chili- no chili powder, black... pepper. That's about all I can translate."

"Would you like me to translate?" a voice said. I jostled in my seat in surprise, craning my neck to look at the person. Making it easier for me, Lana turned the cart around so I could face him. An auburn haired male with brown eyes stood in front of the cart. My breath hitched in my throat. He was ethereal. His face was stained, small acne scars very clearly hidden by make up, and his thin circular glasses sliding down the bridge of nose. He had a very defined jaw. "Hi, I'm Xylok."

(Xylok - Zylok)

"I'm Lana," Lana introduced. They looked at me expectantly. Not receiving a response from me, she introduced me. "He's Jungkook."

"Jungkook?" Xylok voiced out. "Like Jeon Jungkook, the Prince?"

Lana hit the back of my head to snap me out of my drooling state. "Y-yeah. I'm the new prince," I said, rubbing the back of my head. I maintained eye contact with him, his beautiful brown eyes capturing all of my attention.

"So... translate?" Lana broke the silence. Taking his attention from me, she handed him the box. "Actually, all we need to know is if it has chicken."

"Don't like chicken?" Xylok asked. "No it doesn't. The mix doesn't come with the meat. You get it on your own. These are just the spices."

"Oh well that certainly helps. I'm allergic to chicken," Lana mumbled. She threw the box at me, rolling her eyes when I whined about it hitting my stomach.

"I haven't seen you around. Where are you from?" I asked him.

"The South," he replied. He analyzed my mannerisms. "Do all royals behave like this? I didn't know royals could be this relaxed. At least, not from people on the street."

"Oh um. It's just me who acts like this," I said, blushing. I started standing up, the items falling onto the silver grill of the cart. Xylok and Lana rushed to hold the cart steady as I got out of it. "Thanks."

"Here, I got you," Xylok said, picking me up by my waist and helping me to the ground. I avoided eye contact and looked away to hide my blush.

"So you're from the South?" Lana asked. "How did you escape?"

"I snuck out during the war," he said, looking at her. "Everyone was at the war, they didn't notice me gone."

"Did no one notice your disappearance?" she asked.

"I made sure not to make any social connections. I doubt anyone's noticed. They would have dragged me back by now," he replied. "My escape was nothing compared to the chaos that Prince Yoongi and Prince Jungkook caused."

"Anyways, we should get going. It was nice meeting you," Lana said, pushing the cart.

"Uh yeah. See you around," I said, smiling at him.

"Wait, before you go," he said, a sense of urgency in his voice. I looked at him. "Do you want to... hang out sometime?"

"I'd like that," I said. "Are you free tonight?"

"Yeah. We can meet at the playground at the foot of the hill?" he asked.

"Sure. See you there," I said, sending him a small smile. Lana nudged me as we disappeared around the aisle. "What?"

"You have mates," she snapped.

"And I'm not attracted to them. I am, however, attracted to Xylok," I defended.

"Well, this better just be a fling. Your mates won't let you be with someone else. Who knows what they'd do if they find out about the two of you," she said.

"What's the worst they could do?" I asked.

"Kill him, send him back," she listed. "I wouldn't put it past them."

"Well, I have to reject them then," I said. Lana froze, a knowing gaze replacing her confused one. "What?"

"Jungkook, this isn't a break, is it?" She asked. "This is a rejection."