Fires in the sky

I guess were a group of three now. A vampire, whatever the other one is and-'an idiot.' How did I let this happen again? How can I ditch them without hurting myself? 'You don't, you live with your mistakes.' I don't want this, people aren't nice. I was going to keep away and watch as they fought each other. Now I'm stuck with two of them. 'Then. Just. Leav-'

There's the sound of a growl. I flinch as I turn around, Alice and the other one both looking at their stomachs "Sorry." Alice tries to cover her stomach with her arms.

"You see that white building?" I point behind me. "If we're lucky it will have something to eat, but keep your fangs away from me."

I turn back, and start walking again 'If we're lucky she'll eat the other one, and we'll have one less problem.'

We make it to the entrance, I walk through the broken sliding doors 'were closed, come back in the morning' The smell of rot was here too. Maybe the horde got stuck here for a while, I look back at the others.

"Why are the lights following us?" Alice asks, looking at the stars.

"They don't." I poke my head out looking where she was, there was a large light shining, bigger and brighter than any star in the sky.

"No, that one's definitely been following us." She points at the same light.

"Just get in." I mumble, going back in.

They crawl inside, avoiding the edges of the glass.

The inside was dark. There was no power but a little bit of light shining through the skylight windows.

"Split up and find something useful." they don't move. "Get on with it." I swing my arm behind me and point. Alice walks off but the other one doesn't. I ignore him and head for the other isles.

'So, you think they followed us? They totally followed us-' 'what else would that be-' 'why do they want us?'

I Couldn't shake the thought from my head as I looked at the shelves. A rusted can of soup, I'll take it. How did they find us though? How long have they found us? Another shelf, a small stack of papers, a pair of gloves without the fingers, a lot of old yellow stained paper, and some pens. I put on the gloves and put the rest in my bag.

'Why haven't they come in after us yet?' Most of the shelves were empty. The most interesting thing I found was a small black key thing, attached to a metal cylinder.

I walk to the next row of shelves, my stomach gave a growl. Startling my cell mate, he swings his arms around and falls to the ground. Giving a loud thud.

I pull him back up and as I do we hear a moan echo through the building causing both of us to freeze.

Then another growl, one way louder and longer than my stomach, then a scream, like a wild animal. We shake as the sounds become louder, and screaming and struggle can be heard echoing throughout the whole building.

Finally, my cell mate stops shaking and just grabs me and starts running, but immediately runs into a pillar. Falling to the floor and forcing me down with him.

Seconds later the activity stops, I jump up dusting off the back of my pants, then we freeze again hearing something dragging across the floor.

"I found food." A voice yells. I peek out the side of the shelf and see Alice dragging a dead body.

The body had chunks of it missing, and there was a lot more blood on Alice's face than before. "We can't eat that." I say walking out.

"Why not, it's dead." She whines dropping the corpses leg. 'she's a psycho.'

"Let's just set camp." I groan.