Chapter 17

Jungkook POV:

After the conversation with Taehyung and Yoongi, having a soulmate was all I could think about. The idea of someone loving me, wanting me, wanting to be with me made me so happy and I just couldn't push the thoughts away from my mind. Knowing I possibly shared a soulmate with three of my hyungs didn't make me any less happy about it. Thinking about it, I realized I liked the idea. We were always so busy so at least with the four of us, she would have one of us with her most of the time.

At first, I hadn't wanted to believe it, thinking it was just a joke, but I could tell from the look on Yoongi's face that he really believed this to be true. He really believed that we all shared the same soulmate, that the girl he saw in his dreams was the same one that Taehyung was sharing scents with, that I was feeling her pain, that Jimin was getting visions of. It all sounded so crazy, but if there were anyone who would tell the truth then it would be Yoongi. He wasn't the type to make up stories. He was way too serious for that.

When Yoongi mentioned his soulmate, our soulmate having a one-night stand, I had to push down the wave of jealousy that threatened to consume me. Even though I had my own lists of conquests, it still made me feel angry that our soulmate was with someone else. I knew it was silly and immature but I couldn't help it. Even thinking this way made me feel like a hypocrite, but I couldn't help it, couldn't push it aside. The worst part was that I had my own share of one-night stands, probably more than I should.

Right after I turned 21, I was tired of being the baby, always being portrayed as the innocent one so I had been bound and determined to change that. As a widely known idol, I had no problems getting my dick wet. I know it sounded a little self-centered, but it was the truth. Unfortunately, with a couple of sweet words, a couple of drinks, and a couple of gentle touches, they were more than willing to meet me at out of the way hotel rooms I would get simply for that person. Places I would register under a false name, small no name hotels that wouldn't remember me being there, to go along with the no name girls I would bring there.

I continued it until the pandemic hit in 2020, when the country started closing down. It was too hard to have flings with girls in Korea since I was too well known. The last time I tried it, I ended up with a stalker who threatened to release a photo she had taken of me without my knowledge. It ended with Big Hit paying her off and me being scolded like a child. I hated it but knew it was my own fault. I had behaved immaturely and had to deal with the repercussions. After that incident, I just decided my hand would have to be suitable, along with a couple of toys I had ordered online and had delivered to my parents' house in Busan. At least they were out of town when they arrived. I'm not sure I would have wanted to have that conversation.

Sitting in the room backstage while they tried to work out the smoke machine, I let my mind wander to the thoughts of my soulmate. Was she pretty? Would she like me? Was she a fan? I was worried that things would be awkward between Yoongi, Taehyung and me, but things were as normal as could be. We still joked around and laughed, well as much as Yoongi normally did. Nothing had changed and it gave me hope that once we found our soulmate things would still be good between us.

I couldn't help but worry if I would feel jealous when I saw her with one of them. Would she like me just as much? Or would I be pushed to the side since I was the maknae? Would she prefer the older ones? Trying to push the thoughts aside, I stood and walked over to the cooler, lifting the lid and grabbing a bottle of water. A hand on my shoulder had me turning to see Yoongi standing next to me, his eyes concerned. "You good Jungkook-ah?"

I shrugged, not sure how to answer that question. Looking around for interlopers, I lowered my voice. "Do... do you really think we share the same soulmate?"