1

(edited)

Elle Miller

I sat up straight in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection. I wore a formal shirt and black jeans.

It was my job interview today. I recieved an email from the William Groups for personal assistant. This was a great opportunity for me so I couldn't decline the offer.

I did more research on the company and turns out it is a quite successful company. The owner build this company himself. Though I didn't really did a research on the owner.

It will be a great opportunity to learn something new. I was looking for a job anyway.

'William' reminded me of my old crush. Enzo William. I used to like him back in when I was 14. After my 15th birthday he disappeared out of nowhere. He didn't even talk to me. Who was I to him though? He just called me 'cute' once and we talked about games. That's all. But that's in the past, it's been 10 years since then now.

I walked out of my apartment and catch a bus. Fortunately, the bus was not so crowded. I was quite nervous about the interview. The anxiety was eating me up but fake it till you make it? Maybe I'll pretend to be confident.

My mind wondered towards my past. Most of my teenage years, I spent them alone. As soon as I turned 15 people started to misunderstand me. They misunderstood my introverted and socially awkward behavior and i was, quite a few times, labelled as a mean person.

Ayways, can't wait for the interview!

Enzo William

I played with my pen whilst checking out the interview list. There were just two people on the list. Initially there were 20 people but I went through everyone's qualifications and choose only two of them.

One of them was Elle Miller. The name sounds so familiar. It reminded me of that cute girl from my teenage years. I used to flirt around with her a lot and she was always clueless about it. She used to be such a softie. 

I do know what that cutie looked like though. I wanted to date her but she didn't look the type to accept any guy so I just gave up. She was an interesting person. Unfortunately I had to move places for education and we never talked again.

I licked my dry lips and replied 'come in' when I heard the knock on the door. A man in formal suit stepped in. He was here for the interview.

He stuttered a little while speaking which annoyed me. His qualifications were okay. Average. He was the same as my old personal assistant. I dismissed him and waited for Elle Miller.

I spinned around the chair and faced the window. A knock was heard.

"Come in."

I heard footsteps walk closer to my table and then they stopped.

"Have a seat."

"Show me the qualifications again, please."

I asked her in my stern, cold, usual voice. I heard her place the files on table. I bite my lip and took the file without letting her see my face.

I went through her files. Wow. She can probably last for a year with all this knowledge or maybe more. But only if she is punctual. I read the name on the file. Elle Miller. A closer look and I was 100% sure that it was that Elle.

"We meet again Elle."

I spoke as I turned around.