Chapter 14: Rishi is back

"A detailed report is already in your files. You may go through it." Rishi ended his presentation in front of all his senior officials regarding the month-end report.

All the officials soon left the hall leaving senior secretariat Mr. Basu along with Rishi. Mr. Basu after ending his call saw Rishi taking his files. He was quite pleased with the young man's efforts.

"Your report was quite impressive. You comparatively explained a lot in a short time." He stood up with his file and continued, "If you go on working efficiently like this, then the day will soon come when you will be a senior IAS officer."

"I m flattered, Sir. Thank you... thank you so much." Rishi accompanied the secretariat to his car.

Rishi went back to his cabin for continuing the work. Lot of pending files were still waiting for him in his cabin. He could have easily completed them till today if he had not to give the presentation about month ending report.

Without wasting his time on it, Rishi went to continue his work

Without wasting his time on it, Rishi went to continue his work. He thought that after becoming IAS, he will probably have less table work and more fieldwork but things look quite reverse in his case.

After an hour or so, a cup of hot coffee was just kept by the peon accompanied by his PA.

"Sir, your coffee. Strong one with less sugar." his PA reminded him.

"Thanks, Prakash. It was all needed." He took it to have a sip.

A beep sound from his phone grabbed his attention from coffee towards it.

"I'll reach by tomorrow. Do tell me when you will be back." This was the text sent by Niharikha.

"Alright. Maybe I will be there by end of this week." Rishi texted back while having another sip.

"Okay, that sounds great.." She texted back.

After calling it a day, Rishi went back home. Today, he was back a little late than usual.

To get some freshness, he chooses to go for an evening walk for enjoying the cool bracing breeze. The outside weather was quite calm and soothing. After a long time, he got a chance to get some essentials on his own. Mostly, he just asks his servants to get them due to his busy schedule.

After getting his essentials from a nearby convenience store, he went to Cafe next to it. While ordering a cup of Latte and his attention was grabbed by a small white-fury cat near the cash counter. He could not stop himself from holding such a cute kitty in his huge arms.

The owner says, "Miaomiao is quite shy in front of outsiders but I feel it get along quite well with you."

"I don't know, but I find Miaomiao very cute and adorable,." Rishi replied while gently moving his hands over its whitish fur.

He got his takeaway and was about to leave for home when a sudden call interrupted his walking.

He asked, "Ma, how's all going? All fine, na?"