seventeen

Edlyn walked slowly to class, hesitant to see her husband there. She opened the door slowly and peeked, seeing him still near Sorin while helping her. The door opened wide, revealing Hojun in his scrubs. She moved to the side to let him walk out.

"You don't deserve to be a surgeon," he mocked. She looked away, feeling embarrassed after causing a scene in class. "Shut up, Hojun. I am just waiting for the day I kill you for real," she spat before walking into the room. She looked around and saw Daera waving at her, "Edlyn!" She called.

She hurried towards her friend and glanced at Jake, making sure he wasn't looking. She looked at her table and saw that her cadaver was missing, "Where is the body?"

"Professor Jake got rid of it. He said you won't be performing any surgeries today," Daera answered as she wiped her sweat with a tissue. "He didn't have to do that," Edlyn rolled her eyes and folded her arms and she turned around to look at Sorin. They both made eye contact and Sorin quickly acted like she was about to fall so that Jake would catch her.

Daera scoffed in disbelief, "That bitch! Oh my God, did you see her? She was doing that on purpose!" Edlyn looked away and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Jake and I both agreed that we're allowed to date anyone we want since it's not a serious marriage. Our parents just want us to prevent reporters from creating rumours and scandals. We'll get a divorce in a few months."

"But if he dates that desperate girl in public, that will create more scandals than you both acting like you're married."

Daera examined her friend's expression, seeing her looking all gloomy. She widened her eyes, "You're jealous! That's why you kept looking at him!"

"Shut up! People can hear you!" Edlyn tried to cup her friend's mouth from making more noises. Jake probably heard them being so loud that he sighed, "Anyone who's done with the surgery can leave the room."

They both left the room and walked down the hallway, "Then why are you looking all sad?" Daera asked again. Edlyn sighed, "I don't know. I don't like seeing him with Sorin. Maybe because I don't like her that much. Maybe I'll be okay if he's with another girl? I don't know."

"You don't know her that much. So why are you acting like this? I think the problem is not with Han Sorin. It's with him. You're starting to like him."

Edlyn chuckled softly, "Stop the nonsense. What about you? We're going to grow old and you will be the only one single and lonely."

"I'm not interested in dating yet. Probably someday. I can't date until I become a successful surgeon."

Edlyn scoffed and was about to tease her some more until they bumped into Jay. Daera widened her eyes as he looked away awkwardly, "Hello there."

She nodded and lowered her gaze, "How are you? I should call you Professor Jay, right?"

Edlyn grimaced and folded her arms, "Oh come on, guys! Jay, you got rejected. Daera, you rejected him. Past is just the past. You don't need to be this awkward."

"I have a meeting to attend to. I'll see you whenever we bump into each other," Jay said before leaving them both. Daera smacked Edlyn's arm, "Why did you say that?! You don't understand the awkwardness when you reject a guy that has helped you for years, hoping for you to like him back. He thought I liked him since we always spend time together."

She walked ahead of Edlyn, leaving her behind.

Edlyn exhaled tiredly as she waited for Jake to come home. She already prepared dinner for him. She laid her head on the table and hummed a melody, hoping for the time to go faster. The entrance door opened and she immediately stood up, waiting for him to come in.

"What is this?" He walked to the dining table. "I cooked something for you. I read that a wife should cook for her husband."

She didn't want to tell him the reason, a wife should cook for her husband because it could help with their bond. Especially when they eat together.

He sighed, "I'm full. I already ate with Sorin." She frowned and followed him to his room, "I think you should stop meeting her so often. Reporters could follow you secretly and come up with rumours."

He looked at her confusedly, "Park Edlyn, you're in my room right now. Are you trying to watch me change or something?"

"What I'm telling you is, we should at least go out with each other once. Just once! So that people won't notice there's something wrong," she explained again. He nodded slowly, "Fine, I'm going back to my hometown tomorrow. Pack your bags, we're going together."

With that, he closed the door in front of her face. She leaned against it and grabbed a fistful of her hair, feeling frustrated.

This isn't what I imagined! I thought he was going to bring me to the museum or something. Not back to his hometown! I was expecting just a one-day 'date' with him! Not a few days!