Chapter 41

Avery bobs her head in a nod

Avery bobs her head in a nod. The small smile on her face makes a half smile tug at my lips. She looks so content. I kiss the crown of her head and watch amused as she tilts her neck back, swallowing everything that might've been left in the bottom of the glass.

"Do you have more of this? It tastes really good." She admits and returns her attention to the glass. Ry traces the thin rim with the tip of her finger. "The bottle's on the bar cart."

She stands up from my lap. The loss of contact almost makes me fucking whine. Almost.

My eyes stay fixated on her body as she walks over to the corner of the room, where a bar cart stands in front of the black bookshelf. Her shirt has ridden up a little, revealing her perfect fucking ass. I'm jealous of the string of fabric and the way it disappears between the flawless cheeks.

I want my teeth to mark her. Everywhere. Especially her ass.
And tits.
Everywhere.

Especially in places visible to others.
Arsenio.

I really don't fucking like his presence. Nor do I like the way he keeps a smug look whenever he looks at me and Ry's around. As if he's going to try something on her.

Hence as to why I need to get the message clear that she's someone else's. That she's mine. That she belongs to me. Only me and no one else.

And even if he did try anything. It would be his last.

Avery takes a seat on my lap again. She rotates her head at my silence. "What's with the scowl? Did I do something?" My girl asks in a small, concerned voice.

The realisation of how my face got to look like right now hits me. I unclench my jaw and cup her's in my hand. "Nothing my love. Just thinking."

Setting the now full glass on the desk, she wiggles around on me. My previous thoughts are too fucking consuming for new ones to enter my mind.

I fucking hate him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She tilts her head.

No. I want to say. I can't let her in on my insecurities. She can't know who he is. That she's met him before.

My brows furrow for a brief moment when she places her fingers on the corners of my lips, stretching upwards. What is she doing?

"What are you doing?" I ask. She still hasn't let go of my mouth.

"I like it better when you smile." She whispers and grins in triumph when a a small, genuine smile appears on my face.

As if she won something precious.

"Only because of you." She blushes at my truthfulness and pecks my nose before turning around.

"Take it slow, babe." I remind when she brings the glass up to her lips again. The amber liquid inside the crystal reminds me of how much of a lightweight she really is. Ry will get fucking smashed within minutes if she keeps this up.