Chapter 14

MUKTA

I was right now sitting infront of a mirror in a lavish black bedroom. Every interior screamed out style and royalty. I was looking around while I heard her voice...
'Red or White?' and I turned around to see Prarthana holding two pairs of sarees in her hand and a 'Huh?' escaped my mouth.

She came walking closer to me and muttered...
'Red is the theme for today morning and orange for the evening...but you thought I'm a witch in red so I thought you must be given a choice' she said rolling her eyes and I pressed my lips and made a sad face.

I wanted to bash my head into the wall because I always end up overthinking!!!
'Ummm Prarthana...I'm sorry...you know I...I got scared...last night I felt some hands over my body and then I felt someone put me asleep and in the morning those candles and then you were staring at me like that' but she interrupted quickly and said...

'Early morning you screamed in fear... which woke us up and also Omkar Anna as I don't know what he was doing by the pool side that early...We ran into your room to see you trembling. Omkar Anna comforted you and put you back to sleep, it probably was a nightmare... ofcourse anyone would be scared after what their room mate and her boyfriend would attempt to do...but don't worry Omkar Anna and Sandesh Anna has took care of those piece of poops and trust us you are safe here Mukta!!!' she said and I was shocked...

'Omkar told you???' I asked and she nodded while bringing her hair dryer to dry my wet hair.

'We had seen the tension between you both in the party last night, obviously Rudra and I wouldn't let Anna go without giving us an explanation of what was the cause of it...' and my heart began running a marathon!!! Did Omkar reveal them about us being secretly married???

'Ohhh...Anna told us your sister is out of town and as you are a dear friend you stayed with some common friends in an apartment who were swines!!! Anna told us how the human trafficking racket was hatched by Sandesh Anna and how they rescued you and many other girls. We are proud of Anna and also you...you are brave Mukta...you don't need to get scared...we are here for you!!!' she said and I passed a slight smile.

That means Omkar told her about everything except our marriage!!!
Greaaaaaat!!!

I don't know why I was relieved and pissed at the same time!!!

I should just be happy right??? I didn't want anyone to know about our marriage but now that he successfully covered it up yet told them about the gross incident that happened with me I still don't sound happy!!!
I'm bipolar!

I was still in my thoughts when Prarthana added...
'And those candles were aromatic ones, they help one to relax. One of the products from my organization Patty's!!! We lightened them up to relax you last night...I nodded feeling shy slightly while she asked..
'Red or white??? I don't want you to call me Chetkin again' while this time I held her hands in mine and said...

'Im sorry Prarthana...I didn't meant to upset you' and she looked at my face and pouted then smiled and again shoved both sarees in my face asking 'Choose'...

I don't know why my thoughts went back to what my mother used to tell while dressing up brides. My mother was a beautician.

Red enhances the beauty of a newly married bride!!!

And I don't know why I quipped 'Red' and I saw a bright smile on Prarthana's lips that went on to become a grin as she helped me drape the red designer saree and once I was ready, she made me wear the authentic Konkani jewellery is what she said is a Mishre-Malle and Mishre Kankan (Necklace and Bangles consisting of of gold coins)