John Hughes Movie

'Cause this ain't no John Hughes movie
Where the girl gets the guy

"Are you sure your okay Eve." Candice asked me for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Yeah, I guess I just miss Aaron. I know it sounds stupid but I like the happiness I feel when we're around each other."

"Yeah I think it's a soulmate thing."

"Soulmate?"

"Yeah, you two are 100% soulmates. Your made for each other."

"I- Candi shut up." I said throwing a pillow at her head.

"No you two would be the cutest couple. I can imagine you two with like married with two kids and a dog."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Give him a call and let him know how much you love him."

"I do not love him."

"Yeah you do, don't even lie to me."

"Fine, I'll call him if you leave me alone about it." I rolled my eyes as I clicked on Aaron's contact.

I held the phone to my ear and listened to the dial tone ringing.

He'll pick up, he always does.

"Hey this is Aaron I'll get back to you when I can." I sighed as I heard his voice message.

"It's probably just busy, or maybe it's the middle of the night or something." I reasoned with myself.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself." She glanced at me.

"Shut up." I looked up at her and then back down at my phone. "How do you think this sounds?" I passed my phone over to her so she could read over the message I had written before I sent it.

"Hey sorry I called you, I guess I just wanted to hear your voice cause I miss you haha. Hope your okay and speak to you soon. Yeah that sounds fine." She smiled at me as she handed me my phone back.

"Cool." I said as I pressed send. "Wanna go out for lunch?"

-

Aaron

I couldn't get her out of my head and I knew it would never end well. Ignoring her wouldn't help, I knew she'd be confused as to why someone she used to talk to everyday was now ignoring her. I had to ask Alana for help, but that meant admitting my feeling for Evie to her.

"You okay sunshine?" She smiled as she sat on the end of my bed, "Not adjusting to the the white hair?"

"No it's great, I think I suit lighter hair."

"You tell yourself that." She laughed as she lay back onto the bed. "You can tell me anything, I promise."

"I miss her."

"Evelyn?"

"Yeah." I shrugged and avoided her eyes.

"Well then stop being weird and answer her calls." She laughs. "I've seen you look at your phone, see her name, look sad then not answer it. Like why the fuck do you keep doing that."

"Cause then i'll have to admit my feelings, to myself."

"If you don't want to think about it don't bring it up. This isn't some teen movie this is your real life. Don't mess it up." She said as she walked out of my room into the bathroom.

"When did you get so good at advice?"

"When you started needing it." She laughed. Lana came back in a few minuets later and snatched my phone out of my hands.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I laughed as I struggled to get it back.

"18 missed calls? Ignoring won't make it any better. You don't want me to start saying cheesy mum quotes at you, do you?"

"What, no."

"Well then call her back!"

"I-I can't okay? I'm not ready to be with her yet."

"Then don't, it's not that hard."

"I can't keep this in anymore."

"Then tell her how you really feel."

"I can't, I don't know how to say any of it."

"Give me the phone."

"How will that solve anything?"

"You tell me how you really feel and I can articulate it into words." She smiled.

"Um okay. Well I guess I really like her. But I'm not ready for a relationship again." I paused trying to think of how to say the next words without sounding too harsh. "I think I need time to get over the relationship I had with Sam, like I thought that was what love was. But now I don't even know what love feels like. Is it like this or is it something more." I paused and laughed." But then again I don't think I can feel anything more than this."

"That makes a lot of sense y'know, you just don't want to get hurt again nut you want to love again, right?"

"Yes! Exactly like that!" I smiled and jumped up happily.

"Okay, so I've typed it all it and it makes sense. Do you want to read over it to make sure it's really how you feel?" She handed me my phone and I read it at the speed of light.

"That's perfect. Thank you Lana." I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"That's what best friends are here for. Promise you'll do the same for me if I ever need you to?"

"I cross my heart."

a/n- hello, i' back! i'm so so sorry i haven't updated in so long, i promise i'll get better.