Chapter 32

The sound of a knock awoke Steve the next morning, the space next to him in the bed cold and empty. The knock sounded again and the blonde man groaned, lifting his body from the bed and slipping on some sweats over his naked lower half.

Another knock and Steve frowned, wondering where YN had gotten to. "Coming!" He called to the impatient person at his door. Walking to the door with a shirt in his fist, he pulled the door open, surprised to see Natasha standing there with her arms crossed, eyebrow raised and her small foot tapping against the wooden floor.

"Forget about me?" She said sarcastically, barging past Steve and into his home.

"Uh, definitely." He grimaced, rubbing a hand down his face.

"Where's YN?" Natasha said, flicking on Steve's coffee machine.

Slipping on his shirt, Steve walked over to his phone, picking it up and unlocking it to his and YN's messages. "'Gone for a run, be back soon.'" He quoted. "That was about an hour ago she should be back any-" Before he could finish, YN strolled through the door, headphones in as she wiggled her bottom half to the beat of her music.

Humming the song, YN didn't notice her audience, even through pulling her shoes off or dancing her way around the living room. Turning she let out a loud yelp, reefing the buds out of her ears, she let out a awkward laugh.

"Uh... hello there." She giggled, watching Steve raise an amused brow and Natasha sip at her coffee with a small smirk.

"Hey, baby. Good run?" Steve asked, walking over to her to press a kiss to her mouth.

"Yeah, good way to clear my mind." YN replied, looking away from Natasha awkwardly.

"I'll leave you two to it. I'm going to head off on my own run." Steve advised, slipping on some running shoes and leaving the two women alone.

"Coffee?" The red head offered, lifting up her mug of brown liquid. Nodding her head, YN thanked Natasha as she was handed her own mug. "Listen, YN-"

"Nat-"

Both women stopped, smiling bashfully at one another. "Me first." Natasha insisted, placing down her cup. "I'm so sorry about the way I've been acting... I'm not really good at listening to people with moral, especially when it comes to something so close to me, like Dreykov. All I saw was red when I heard the name, and I couldn't and wouldn't listen to reason." Natasha shook her head. "I'm glad you stopped me from doing something I might of regretted."

Nodding, YN looked down. "Thank you for apologizing." YN said, looking into her mug of coffee. After a while the two women fell back into their own ways, Natasha making light conversation as YN cleaned up the kitchen. "So, when are you heading off to Russia?"

Natasha's head shot up, eyes widening at YN's words. "How did you know about that?"

YN chuckled, "I'm not an idiot, Romanoff. I've read your background, and I soon as I heard you were off to find an 'old friend' I knew where you were headed." YN placed down the rag she was using to wipe the counter. "I assume this old friend is someone from the red room? Another Black Widow possibly?" Natasha sighed.

"I don't even know if she is alive, but I have to try. I have to let her know Dreykov has been detained." YN nodded, leaning over to grip the red head's hand.

"I get it. You do what you need to do, Nat." Natasha smiled, heart warming at having fixed her friendship with the other woman.

"Thanks, YN."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO WEEKS LATER

--------------------------------------------------------------------