chapter 1: Explosions

4 years ago was when hell broke loose.

It was a normal night for the trio untill emergency Alarms boomed through the new house,

" this is not a drill, take shelter immediately, border your windows and doors, do not open the doors, remain carm, do not panic."

Panic broke loose in the household. Tom worked on boarding the windows with wood, Edd worked on turning lights off while Matt screamed in the background

"Matt there's no need to worry, were going to be-"

Right at that moment gun shots broke loose, explosions made the ground shake, just like they were in sync they ran towards the storage room, Tom arrived first crouching down, next Ringo jumping on top of Tom's lap, to save space, then Edd and Matt was squished in.

Explosions shook the house, bits of the home was getting ripped off within the explosions.

"We can't stay here! We'll die!" Matt said holding his face, edd putt a hand on his shoulder "were else would we go? This is are only hope.""I'm sure it will die down soon, after that we could leave." Tom added on, the guys were scared, they have never experienced anything like this, not even when they joined the army that one time.

Hours passed. All they could do is wait, the bombs stoped dropping but gunshots were heard. A megaphone repeated

" surender to the red army, and have your life spared. If not you will be killed. Glory to the red army"

The gang panicked just yesterday they were planning an adventure a time of a lifetime, this is not what they wanted. Should they make a run for it? Or do they turn themselves in?

Run.

The time had to be right. They made a plan to run towards the woods behind there house, Or the remains of it. Next they would hide within the trees. They knew this was a risk.

It was life or death.

Within the storage room Edd and Matt swapped places so that edd could lead, Matt was in the middle so that Matt wouldn't get lost, Tom leading behind.

They opened the storage door and Edd without warning sped off, Matt next leaving Tom and Ringo to go. Unfortunately. Edd gave no warning, Tom couldn't leave, Ringo wouldn't get off his legs to be picked up. "Comon ringo, we need to go!" He yanked Ringo up and started his journey towards the woods, Edd and Matt were nowhere, picking a random direction he ran in the trees Ringo in arms, shouting could be heard along with thumps of footsteps, not just from him.

The footsteps distanced themselves as Tom went through bends and jumps not just trying to look for his friends but for a place to stay.

He ran for what felt like an eternity untill he found a brick wall from a house that looked insanely old, he crouced inside of it, catching his breath.

He placed Ringo down who ran off to explore the ruins, Tom following shortly after, "shit" he cursed, the house had to have been abandoned for a long time, dust was collected on the counter tops indicating that there was little food. Tom raided the place trying to find any food at all, " just my fucking luck, am I right Ringo?" He stared at the cat who looked at him on the countertop, hoisting himself up he sat on the dusty surface and pet ringos head

"I wonder why these people want to invade Britain?" He said, London was a boring place, not like anywhere you'll see online, end up in the wrong place at the wrong time you could just be mugged.

Thomas picked Ringo up who fussed in his arms, however Tom paid no attention to this looking for a better place to stay within the rubble.

He found an old fashioned bed, made from meltal, the springs were rusty and the mattress had many stains raging from drink stains to bodily fluids. Placing Ringo down he carefully turned the mattress around, the underside wasn't as dirty but still had stains, fortunately for Tom, it was only drink stains. Smiling to himself he sat on it and patted a space beside him for Ringo.

Ringo meowed and sat beside him near the edge of the bed.

Thomas walked towards the Broken window making sure if he heard something he would stop. Gun shots still echoed in the distance, Tom sighed, the house was sat in a field of trees, some trees were above the house others At the windowsill, when looking outside of the window, one tree sat to the left some of the leaves invading the right side and the room, behind the trees you could see a neighborhood, one which most houses were blown up, some corpses could be seen getting dragged towards the truck for medical help others not so lucky.

Tom Waltzed towards the bed, lying down, making sure his hood went over his head,a cold night was approaching, he pulled out his phone me message Edd,

1% his phone read, "fuck me." He said, he dropped his phone on the floor knowing that we won't find a charger soon, Ringo currled up on his chest, his mind was running crazy, he's lonley with no food, and a cat, which he can't feed on top of that he's in the middle of nowhere.

He decided that tomorrow he would find food, for him and Ringo, look for his friends and maybe get a cat harness for Ringo just so she could be with him and not get lost.

Ringo purred deep in sleep, Tom pet her, knowing they could be caught, he decided to try to sleep, after all he had a big day tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I hope you liked the first chapter! My updates are pretty random, so look out for the next chapter! Don't foret to vote! Comment - I'll usually get back to you for any questions! Have a good day see ya!

❤️💚💙💜

- Sam