Chapter 23: Isabella's Lullaby

It's dark. Only the lamp in Mama's Isabella's hands is lighting the way. My eyes went in the direction of the gate. The truth is I'm still nervous about this. I might enter the qualifications for now, but how about for the next few days?

I am not smart, I'm kinda cunning, but I don't think if I will survive in that place if I don't have any cheats.

If I entered that place.

Then I have to work harder than anyone else.

"Are you scared?" Mama Isabella asked me. She was currently holding my hands. "Your hands are cold," she said while walking. "Don't worry. As long as you're obedient, no one's going to hurt you in that place."

I only remained silent while listening to Mom's advice. She'd been in that place, I should listen to her if I want to figure out how to adapt to that place. Although her objective is to survive by shipping us out, I know that she won't lie when it comes to these types of things.

"You don't have to do anything other than proving your skills," Mama Isabella told me calmly. "If you are truly aiming to become a Mom. You should compete. Don't ever try to think of escaping."

She wanted her kids to live longer and she knows that this is my chance to survive. If Emma and Gilda did not manage to escape in 'The Promised Neverland', they will be most likely to become a Mom.

"It's a shame that I didn't manage to cultivate you more. If only I had known," Mama Isabella told me with a different tone. "You were too good at hiding, My Little bunny. But I hope that will not hide your competency in that place. Do you understand?"

I lifted my head and glanced at Mama Isabella's calm face. I opened my mouth to answer her, but in the end, I only choose to shut up.

In that place, skills and intelligence are important.

Right, I have to show my competency until the right time comes.

Mama Isabella let out a smile. She suddenly stopped walking which also made me stop. I gave her a confused look when Mama Isabella bend down on her knees. She placed her hands in shoulders.

"My child, always remember that Mom loves you. Now that you can survive, I want you to do your best in that place," her calm smile became twisted when she said that. "Do not ever do things that will waste your opportunity to survive."

I took a deep breath as I placed my little hands on her cheeks. I stared at her deep violet eyes. I hate this, I hate it when Mom is acting like this.

But I know that this is her twisted love.

"Mama Isabella," I said. I let out a warm smile before hugging her in my arms. "Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it," I suddenly felt her hands patting my back. I rested my face on her shoulders. "I love you too."

Mama Isabella wrapped her arms to embrace me. "I know, My little Bunny," After that, she immediately stands up as we continued to walk away. My eyes went back to the orphanage for the last time.

I glanced in my hands.

Ah, I left my bunny.

It doesn't matter, that is essential anyway.

The atmosphere became quiet as we walk closer to our destination. I glanced at the beautiful stars in the sky, it was really beautiful. It was prettier than the last nights that passed since the day that I reincarnated here.