[22]

[Mature]
Kasey

I came into my house late, tired out of my mind. I just left from hanging with Gee after going to see this weird ass movie together.

Shit was terrible. From here on out, I ain't letting him pick no movie again.

I put my house key in the lock before twisting it open. I got a surprise when I walked in and saw nothing but my things all around the living room.

"What the fuck is going on?" I muttered, looking at the things that was originally in my room.

My brows furrowed as I walked through the hallway where I saw my room door wide open with the light cut on in there. When I looked into the room, I saw my aunt throwing shit around my room. Her face appeared to be angry and when she saw me— it only got more livid.

I don't think I ever seen her this livid before. She looked to be as if she has been crying with her red, puffy eyes.

"What is you doing? Why you tossing my things around?" I tried to calmly ask.

"So you want to go out and lie to me? What's this, Kasey?" Then, my eyes shift down to my shoebox that was in her hand. No words were said as I mentally cursed in my head. There is no way I can get out of this one. I never felt so ashamed, so regretful, so stupid all in one.

She opened it and there was two of my guns, weed, baggies of coke I had when I used to sell, and money that came in 50s and 100s wrapped up in several bands.

My face fell between looking at her livid expression and back to the shoebox. I hid it in a good place in my closet where she wasn't suppose to ever find.

It was then that it dawned on me. "You were going through my shit?"

I hid it in a good place so I know that she had to really have been looking through my things.

"You have been so secretive! You come in this house late, I been receiving sudden calls from school about your behavior and absences! I told you when you first moved here is to never turn to the streets! You went against my wishes!"

I slightly flinched from her yelling. If she wasn't extremely angry then she was disappointed in me.

"I can't believe this. I can't even look at you." She goes to look away. "This is what you have been doing this whole time? Is there anything else I don't know about?"

I didn't want to tell her, but since she already found my stuff— might as well tell her the rest.

My head bowed, not sparing the chance to even want to look at her. "Yeah... I'm in a gang..."

There was nothing but silence in the room for a few moments. When I finally looked up at her, she was just staring at me in pure anger. "A gang?! Which gang is it?!"

I knew this is how she would react if she ever found out.

"Superiors! It's Superiors, aight?! That's who I been with for some time now I just didn't want to tell you because this is how I knew you would react!"

She walked up to me with the quickness. "Who are you talking to like that? Boy, your mother would be disappointed in you to see how her oldest son turned out!"

"Well she isn't here, is she? She's dead!" I then had to calm myself down. "When you took us in, I felt like I had to repay you. Taking care of three kids is never easy, especially when you're alone."

"Repay?! You never had to repay me back... I told you to go to school, get good grades, and to get an actual job if you wanted to. Not to go out and join in no gangs and lie to my face! All this—" she gestures to the shoebox that she had put back on the bed. "Is dirty money!"