154

Thanos simply chuckled at y/n's comment. He maintained eye contact with her the whole time, a smug smile appearing on his face - something that y/n completely copied, smiling straight back at him. However, Thanos didn't move a muscle.

He was waiting for y/n to make the first move.

Y/n continued to smile at Thanos as she wiped the gash on her cheek with the back of her hand, pretending to ponder between different ways of killing Thanos. On the inside, she was scared out of her mind, but on the outside she seemed to be calm and collected. Y/n had every right to be terrified, he'd destroyed countless other planets, and was planning on snapping away half of earth's population. All because he believed that it would 'bring balance back to the planet'. He was a psychopath.

Y/n waited for a few more moments, wanting to buy as much time as possible for Wanda and Vision. But, she soon decided that it was time to fight. They couldn't have a staring contest all day. Plus, Thanos had ruined all of the festival plans. She'd been looking forward to the festival for months, and he'd ruined it. It was time for a bit of payback.

Thanos watched as y/n winked at him, causing him to hum slightly. He opened his mouth to speak, but, just before he could, y/n disappeared. She had disappeared right before his eyes. She hadn't run anyway, she hadn't taken any steps, she'd simply disappeared. Thanos frowned in confusion, scanning around to try and find y/n again. "You don't seem to be one to run away from a fight, little one." He called out in a teasing tone. However, the feeling of someone suddenly slamming themselves onto his shoulders quickly answered his question.

Y/n had teleported onto Thanos' shoulders. Her legs immediately wrapped around his neck, not sparing any more time as she slammed her hands onto the sides of his head.

Mind control.

Both y/n and Thanos yelled out in pain as y/n begun to try and take control of Thanos' mind. Their heads rocked back in sync, eyes turning a pure white. It was a complete battle of the minds. Taking over his mind was far harder than anything that y/n had experienced before, especially when he was actively trying to stop her.

Except for pained breaths and grunts, the fight was completely silent. No explosions, no crashes, no talking, nothing. It was all in their heads. To anyone else, it just seemed like a person holding onto someone else's head, but to y/n and Thanos, it was hell.

Y/n felt as if her brain was on fire. Every single body part flitted between complete numbness and the horrible sensation of thousands of needles digging into her skin. Her vision was completely gone, but the darkness was the least of y/n's worries.

Fighting between two minds was an odd but aggressive experience. It was something that y/n had never needed to do before. Usually, y/n was far stronger than the other person, and taking control was as easy as taking candy from a baby, but it was far different with Thanos. It was like digging through a concrete wall with a plastic spoon. She was never going to be able to take control of him, it took far too much power. So, y/n had to decide on a different plan.

It was draining her, which meant that it was draining Thanos. Y/n simply had to hold on for as long as she could, and then teleport away. She would be able to recover must faster than him. It was his mind that was getting invaded, not hers.

So, y/n dug her nails even further into the sides of Thanos' head, clenching her jaw tightly as she continued to try and take control. Her legs were wrapped tightly around his neck, cutting off as much air as she possibly could to make the experience even worse for Thanos. Her whole body had to stay tense. She couldn't let her hands slip.

Her head was pounding, her breathing only resided of shaky gasps every now and again, and every single nerve in her body felt as if it were being scorched by a thousand suns. Y/n's whole body was being completely and utterly drained by the power she was using against Thanos. However, the thing that caused y/n to finally stop was a steady stream of blood dripping from her nose.

Her nose only bled when she was overexerting her powers.

The last time her nose bled, she murdered thousands in Lagos.

Y/n quickly let go, immediately teleporting off and away from Thanos. She fell to her knees in the foliage, gasping in air as her body begun to recover. Her vision slowly filtered back in and adjusted to her surroundings, but the pounding headache didn't disappear. The blood from her nose dripped down onto the ground in front of her, causing her to take a heavy sniff as she continued to wipe the blood with the backs of her hands. "Come on, y/n." She murmured to herself as she stood back up - if talking to yourself worked for Peter, it would work for her.

Thanos fell to the ground when y/n finally let go, his face scrunched up in utter pain. His mind was completely scrambled. It felt as if someone had blended his brain up into tiny pieces. Y/n was strong, far stronger than he could've ever imagined. He let out a breath as he pushed himself up and off of the ground, using his double-edged sword as a support. But, just as he stood up, he was blasted with a huge fireball.

Followed by another fireball, and an orb of energy, and a giant amount of spiderwebs.

Y/n was teleporting around Thanos, blasting him with every power that she could think of. It seemed to be working, flitting from place to place to stop Thanos from attacking back. Her fireballs scorched his skin, and her energy orbs seemed to knock him off balance every single time. It was working. She had an advantage. He was constantly looking around for her. Y/n teleported again, a smug smirk on her face as she prepared to blast him again.

That was when she felt an excruciatingly sharp pain in her stomach.

Thanos' double-edged sword had completely impaled her.