Chapter Three

Y/N POV

6 months into the final year. We had our internships in two months so we practice our curse techniques to absolute perfection. I was on the bench while Akina practiced against one of the first years. I was writing down my notes while they battled.

Akina Mirai
Cursed Technique: Flash steps
Flash steps allow Akina to create a footprint of cursed energy which she uses to teleport back to at any given time. She can create up to six prints before she reaches her limit. If she uses it too much she can start to get faint and dizzy and will be 'brain fried' for a few hours after, not capable of speech or advanced activity.

Her ultimate move: Ritual
If her enemy is unknowing to her ability she is able to create a circle of her footprints around them. She can guarantee critical hits granted the enemy is kept in the circle.

For a bubbly little woman she was brutal on a battlefield and never held back no matter the strength of her opponent. So it wasn't a surprise when she beat the bulky first year boy in two minutes flat.

She jogged over to me, I clapped her hand.
"Well done Akina! That was great!"
She beamed sweetly.
"Thanks Y/N! It was a good way to see how efficient I can be."

Next up was Suguru. I flipped to his pages that were filled with sketches and notes.

Suguru Geto
Cursed Technique: NeedleMaster
Needle Master enables Suguru to create needles from his cursed energy which he can manipulate and control telepathically. Creating them does not put too much strain on him but manipulating them allows him to hit critical pressure points on his opponent and paralyse them. This does take a lot of energy and if he can not hit his opponent quickly his forehead cracks open and he passes out.

His ultimate move: Nerve Pinch
He can actually use his own technique on himself to increase his adrenaline and physical attribute when he is placed in a corner. When he alters his adrenaline it's basically game over, he becomes super fast and it's easy for him to then send needles into his opponent.

He was struggling to concerntrate, his needles were faltering. Gojo appeared walking down the stairs of the pavilion next to me.

"Suguru! I know it's scary to use your ability! It hurts I understand. But you can not gain muscle without breaking it first! You can not want the best roses without cutting them down a few times! You won't succeed if you don't LET GO!"

The way he spoke, so assured, in demand, made me furious.Usually in regular class he was calm and charming. Told us jokes and laid back but on the field he was different. Assertive. Commanding.

We no longer had a teacher due to a ...complication Saturo made. So now we were independently studying and practicing under the principles supervision of course.

Suguru nodded firmly and I could see him letting himself be taken by the pain his technique gave off.
His forehead in between the stitches was already bleeding. But the first year soon jolted to a stop mid swing and crumpled.

Akina got up and helped Suguru down while I got up for my next fight.
"You good Sugu?"
He wiped the blood away from his stitching.
"Just splendid. Go kick some ass Y/N."

I nodded and walked down to the field. I would be the one up against the third year today. Second years were training for their events and we only have two first years so one of us has to fight a more advanced Sorcerer. My fight is with Mamoru Shirudo.

Gojo appeared behind me and I unconsciously tensed, starting to shake by how close he was. He leaned down and whispered in my ear.
"Make me proud darling...~"
I nearly whimpered as I felt his lips basically kiss my ear. My blood boiled because of how he made me feel.
"Make me proud.~"

I got into my position and breathed. Clearly Gojo is trying to see if he can get under my skin.My head was still buzzing with the anger of his voice.

Don't get distracted, show him that you're no toy.
So let's put on a show shall we?
Mamoru got into position on the opposing end.

"Begin!"

Mamoru Shirudo
Curse Technique: Shield
He powers his curse energy into a shield to protect him and as a weapon while he builds up enough energy to boost his stamina and body strength. His build takes him a while so he needs to ensure close combat.

His ultimate move: Goliath
Once at peak level he releases his energy by expanding his body to double its original size. This gives him a huge advantage in brute strength and speed.

He came up to me and started slamming down with his shield. I kept my distance and blocked as best I could. Dammit he's too fast!
He was quick and his reflexes on point.
"Having trouble there Y/N? Wait till I tell the others that I beat you!"
He yelled swinging his shield inches away from my face.

I rolled my eyes at his remarks,sprinted slightly into the shade. That's when I felt the sweet presence of the shadows wrapping around my hands.

Y/N L/N
Cursed Technique: Silhouette Weaver
I can manipulate the shadows surrounding me into claws that resemble spider legs. They attack my enemies from different angles at all times. I can only produce eight at a time and once I try produce more the shadows engrave themselves into me starting from my hands and leave permanent scars there. If I go too far I will lose my mind and go insane.

"Let's play little boy."