Untitled Part 21

The world changed for Y/N in just a few days. The Miss World contest was held in America. Y/N was an interview spree, one after the other. Charity events, book launches, brand launches, music video cameos, magazine covers photoshoots, fashion designers were lining up to her manager to get her to walk on the ramp showcasing their collections etc. Everywhere, people and media were dying to get a glimpse of her. What she wore, what she ate, what was her exercise routine, her skincare routing, her hair care routine, how many hours she sleeps, her wardrobe collections, her shoe collections, every minute thing about her, people wanted to know. Magazines sold like hot pancakes when she was on the cover of it. She was the hot favorite among all people. And she had her fare share of crazy fans as well. Everyone wanted to have a piece of her. She started to make crazy money, but she also made sure that a part of what she made went straight to charity organizations.

As she attained fame and success, her finances also improved. She bought a house in LA, which was her dream. It was not some grand mansion like other celebs of LA, but it was a pretty good one. Luxurious from the outside but simple and cozy vibes inside. She had specifically told the designers that she did not want to feel as if she has entered some 7 star hotel but rather she wanted her home to have some good old warm earthy vibes in her house. She really wanted to be herself in her own home far away from any pretense. It was night time. Sitting on the couch in her home, stirring and drinking wine all alone, she felt relaxed. She picked her phone and started scrolling through the pictures. Pictures, she had clicked with some fans, celebs, fashion designers etc etc. She made good number of friends in the entertainment cum fashion industry and some foes as well. Well, let's just put that she was too headstrong to follow their orders blindly. According to her, it was not her job to fan some rich and famous men's fragile egos. She never shied away from calling a spade, a spade. For an hour or so, scrolling through all of the pictures she then reached pictures of her and Seokjin. Her smile faded. She sipped some wine and started scrolling one by one. She teleported back to history. All the moments they had spent together were playing in her mind as she scrolled. There were many a times like these when she missed him terribly. She thought of calling Mrs Seol Hee. She had her phone number saved. But the thought of Mrs Seol Hee making her talk with Seokjin always scared her. She thought of calling him directly, but she did not want him to get in any trouble coz of her. She could not forget the anger she had seen in his eyes, that night on the roof top. He did not even come to see her off at the airport. She waited for him till the last minute hoping to see him one last time. But, he did not come. Disappointed she boarded the flight. "Do you miss me, the way I miss you? Or do you still hate me?", she murmured rubbing her thumbs over his face on the screen and slowly drifted to sleep on the couch.

Bangtan Sonyeondan, a rookie group belonging to a company, not much is known about it to the general public. Last known a girl group was being managed by this company, but due to the illegal activities of the girls, they got behind bars and the name of Big Hit Entertainment sunk. It was like nobody even knew whether Big Hit is even functioning or bankrupt. In the initial days Seokjin had hoped for nothing from this company. This company did not even own a dance studio. It rented it on an hourly basis. Seokjin had his apprehensions about everything. But then he thought about his band members. The hard work they're putting in without worrying much about their future. Among all the members, Jungkook was the youngest and was the most vulnerable. Seokjin remembered how this kiddo has literally entered the idol world as a child and struggling managing his school and practice sessions. The producer of the company named Kim Namjoon as the spokesperson of the group because he was the only person in the group who could speak English at the time. Seokjin did not even feel bad about it as he very well understood the reasoning. But he did regret a bit for not having learnt English when Y/N pestered him to do so.

The day of the debut arrived. All the rookie groups were on the toes. Everyone had dreams in their eyes, everyone wanted to achieve fame, success, money. Everyone toiled hard. Everyone sacrificed many things. But not everyone will be the winner today. Even if they're a winner, not everyone will make it big in an industry were idols come and vanish at the high speed. It is very easy to dream of becoming an idol but there is a stark difference in dreaming and achieving. There was excitement and tension in the air. For all the groups present, today was the first step towards their future. Everything depended on today. This step could be towards a brighter future or towards a doom. Nobody knows. The interviewers were interviewing all the groups one by one. One by one all the groups performed on the stage. And so did BTS. Their song "No More Dream" did fairly well on youtube in Korea and other streaming platforms. But so did the debut songs of all the other groups. They performed the same song on the stage today as well.

Interviewer: Woww...Well that was quite an energetic performance. I could feel the stage shaking. How do you all feel?

Kim Namjoon: Well, we were nervous in the beginning. But, thanks to the hard work of all the members, we managed to pull a decent performance.

Interviewer: Right, I see that all of you're wearing name plates around your necks. Why is it so?

Kim Namjoon: Well, it's our second day here and we noticed that even the camera persons do not know our names yet. So we're gonna keep wearing this till everyone knows our names.

Interviewer: That's quite ambitious but I wish you all the very best for the results.

Kim Namjoon: Thank you so much

All the idol groups waited with bated breaths for the results of the winner. The MC announced with the loudest voice that BTS won the first prize. Confetti was blasted on the stage making Jin and Hoseok shit their pants. But, nevertheless all of them jumped with joy hugging each other and crying as well. All their mind numbing dance practices, sleepless nights, tiresome days seemed like found a new meaning. It really seemed like they had arrived. The promises they made with themselves, their families, seems to be fulfilled for now. To continue the celebrations, BTS and their staff including the CEO partied real hard. There was non stop flow of drinks and food. There was just one motto that night—drink till you drop. Kim Seokjin got up from his chair swinging unable to stand still under the effect of alcohol

Kim Seokjin: Namjoon, jooniee...aaaigooo....our cutie pie leader! I raise this toast to you....I don't think we could have ever got a better leader than you!

He pinched Namjoon's cheeks playfully and gulped his soju in just one shot. Next, Namjoon who was almost half asleep but still managed to stand

Kim Namjoon: Hyung....you're just flattering me. I am so shy now! Saranghaeyo Hyung! You're my soulmate.

He hugged Seokjin from behind and then gulped his drink. Till wee hours, the seven of them roamed on the streets doing silly stuff. Yoongi almost stole an ice cream from a kid and on top of it argued with the kid that it's too late to be having an ice cream and that his teeth will spoil. His mother had to come to his rescue. Hoseok was so drunk that he even forgot his name. He started asking people on the streets, if they know his mother and was requesting them to take him to her, like a little lost child. Namjoon and Seokjin walked on the streets hugging each other shoulders, comforting each other, promising to be with each other like some lovers! People were staring at them and giggling. The rest of the members had a tough time managing the seniors. Kim Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook did not have a sip of alcohol as they were still minors. The three of them literally dragged the drunk men to their dorms and put them on beds.

Kim Seokjin was high on emotions today. He felt extreme happiness, extreme gratification, extreme vindication, but he cannot lie to himself that now, lying on his bed he is feeling extreme sadness as well. There was a stinging pain in his chest that he was unable to understand. He took out his phone and looked at her pictures, while a tear rolled down his eyes. "I f**king hate you!", saying so he drifted to sleep.