You never helped me (Finale)

John was many things.

To most, he was brutal, cruel, a force of rage and resentment that held unimaginable power.

To a select few, he was goofy, kind, headstrong and genuine.

Yet no matter what way you saw him, weak was not a word you'd use to describe John Doe.

But what other word was everyone supposed to use to describe him right now?

What other word could they possibly use to describe the ravenette currently resting on the infirmary bed, two shades too pale with bandages wrapped around his head and more peaking out from his unbuttoned shirt?

The bruises along his skin weren't a new sight to the group. But it felt so...so wrong for John to look like this now.

It felt wrong for him to look this weak and this frail when he had shown them that without a doubt, he could hold his own and make his opponent pay.

To Remi, Arlo, and Blyke, it left them wondering just how strong and how dangerous Keon was to render John like this. How close were they to ending up in John's shoes? And how exactly did John know who Keon was?

But to Seraphina and Isen, guilt weighed on their shoulders. The second Keon had suggested that he and John talk outside where they wouldn't be supervised, they should've said something. But they didn't. Or rather, they didn't put up enough of a fight.

But it was too late for what ifs now.

The only thing any of them could do was wait for John to wake up.

.

.

.

Seraphina absentmindedly traced circles into the mattress. She was sitting next to the bed, arms pillowing her head on the very edge as she watched the ravenette's steady breathing.

The only others in the room were Isen and Arlo. Remi and Blyke had gone to grab lunch for everyone, making the executive decision that worrying on empty stomachs would do none of them good.

Arlo was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Meanwhile Isen tapped away on his laptop where he sat cross-legged on the floor.

Just as Seraphina was about to let her eyes drift shut, the sheets shifted.

The girl snapped her head up at an alarming speed as she was just in time to see the ravenette's eyes crack open.

The bright lights glared into his vision and the teen hissed, quickly shutting his eyes again.

When he finally managed to crack them back open, he caught sight of Seraphina, the girl watching him with a wide gaze.

"Mmm...Sera?"

The girl in question launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

John jumped slightly, hands hovering in confusion as he caught other voices.

"You're awake."

"Finally! We've been waiting for you to wake up!"

John peaked over Sera's shoulder and saw Arlo and Isen, both of them on either side of him.

"Huh...? What are you two doing here? Wait...how did I get here?"

Seraphina moved as John almost bolted up but he hissed in pain as his vision swirled a bit.

"John?" The girl quickly caught his shoulder as he began listing to the side a bit.

He shut his eyes as he held his head, trying to push through the wave of vertigo. "M'fine...just lightheaded..."