chapter 34

"We arrived, Akira-kun"

Akira, who look no older than 10, look at the mansion in front of him, and turn his head to glance at the man his hand is holding. The man's hand is a lot bigger than his, the man's gentle grip on his small hand assured Akira that he is safe.

The man lead Akira into the house, a maid stood at the front the moment the door is open. The maid bow her head to the man and glance at Akira. His grip on the man's head become stronger as he tried to hide behind the man's legs.

"Rin, prepare the children's clothes and send it to my room"

The maid nodded in understanding and immediately do her task. The man bring the child into his room and prepare the bath while Akira sat on the big bed.

"The bath is ready. Let's clean you up, Akira-kun"

Akira get off the bed and stiffly walk towards the man. The man scrubbed his body carefully and gently that Akira almost fall asleep. Before he know it, he is carried by the man while wrapped in a fluffy towel.

The clothes that the man asked has arrived, though it was a little bigger. The man coo at how cute Akira is.

"M-Mr Raine?"

Akira speak out. Raine smile gently, showing Akira that he got Raine's full attention.

"Y-you don't h-have to do this"

Akira shuttered. He just lost his mother and somehow encounter this man who wandered in the forest, and immediately but carefully, bring Akira out of the forest. Akira shouldn't have let a stranger bring him anywhere, but he just lost his home and mother while his father disappeared. Besides, he didn't feel any malicious intent from the man, and on their way, they learned each other's name.

"Why wouldn't I? I can't just let a little child wandering alone in the forest"

"But you wandered alone too?"

The man smile awkwardly, he pat the boy's fluffy hair.

"I was different, I can protect myself"

"But i can protect myself too..."

___

From today on, this child will be my son. Therefore you have to treat him as your young master"

"Yes, master"

Raine announce to the servants. The servants bow their head, no one protest at his decision.

Akira look up to the man. The moment Akira tell Raine about what happened to him, they have a heartfelt conversation until the man asked Akira if he want to be Raine's son.

Akira was suprised by the offer, and immediate turn it down. Somehow the man convince and coaxed him to accept. The man immediately gather the servants and announce him as their supposed young master.

___

Akira is not used to being treated like someone of high ranking. He was a small boy from a little village with a simple life. Now, he is at new place with new people. Everything escalated so quickly that he still can't adapted to his new life.

Then, he meet 'them'.

•••

Akira open his eyes and look at the while ceiling. He is laying on a very comfortable bed. He glance around and saw his father sleeping on the chair. 'Father is here', he thought.