Mission 67: Breakdown

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~MomoPOV~~~~~~~~

"He can't sleep, he's barely eating and he spends all his time in there. He's been this way since Byron left..... I just don't know what to do lily. I've never seen his act like this, I'm really worried about him. Not even Eri has been able to bring a genuine smile to his face, although he's been doing his best not to show her any hint of his true feelings."

I explained to lily as we listened to the mass destruction going on behind the vault door. We were currently outside the underground bunker designed for All-might during his school days. Izuku has spent most of his time training in there since Byron left for HQ.

"We have to help him.......He's starting to have a breakdown. The pressure of everything is starting to get to him.... especially since he sent Byron back to HQ..."

I sat there and looked back at the door, listening to the destruction going on for a minute. I decided to ask Lily about something I'd wondered for awhile.

"Say Lily..... could you tell me about Byron and Izuku's relationship? Byron brings out a side of Izuku, I don't ever really see. He doesn't really act like that around anyone else."

"Its because they are brothers." answered Nemure appearing from nowhere causing both Lily and I to jump. After recovering from the small jump scare I asked

"Can you tell me more about what you mean? I thought Izumi was his only sibling."

"By blood she is his only sibling, but Bryon is more his brother than Izumi his sister. They have been together as family ever since Izuku was rescued from my understanding." he explained as he leaned against the wall.

"Mind you this is only what I've heard second-hand from Paradox, a former member of Alpha and the man who brought me into Parabellum. So I don't know how much of this is true, especially since most of Izuku's early years in Parabellum are heavily guarded secrets."

"Why is that?" I asked not understanding why his past would be hidden from other members of Parabellum

Both Nemure and Lily looked at each other before he turned back to me

" Its for safety reasons for the most part.... you can't talk about what you don't know after all. In his case though, I guess it was more to hide who he was. Not everyone has the greatest opinion of All-might after all. So having the missing son of All-might, enter an organization full of professional assassins, many of which resent heros could be dangerous for him."

"Not to mention his early missions, from what Paradox told me. Izuku was more beast than man, which is saying something considering how much he likes breaking bones. Supposedly he was so vile and gruesome that the Chimera was called in to evaluate him. If he proved to be too dangerous he was to be disposed of...."

"What?!" both Lily and I yelled out. Which surprised me, seeing as it appeared that Lily was in the dark about this part of Izuku's life as well. Unfazed by our outburst he continued

"Does it really surprise you? This is Parabellum, our secrets have secrets, everything has a contingency, even our contingencies...... I am one of them....." he said as he lowered his head. Before I could ask what he meant Lily dashed towards him grabbing and slamming him against the wall.

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN NEMURE?!" she yelled as she raised her fist, a low humming sound filling the room as she activated her quirk. He didn't struggle or try to fight back

"Parabellum took me in and gave me a home, Paradox became like a father to me. Due to his past actions the brass didn't fully trust Izuku even though the Chimera cleared him. So I was placed in Alpha with orders to assassinate him if he went rogue. The brass noticed how much Izuku cared for his team and decided to use that against him."

Lily was enraged by his revelation was about to strike him, but I stopped her. I was just as enraged by this, however now wasn't time and my instinct told me there was more to this.

"Will you?" I asked

"Back then....... yes I would have. Now? There is no way I could do that...... He's family, and now I'd rather die than betray him."  I continued to stare at him, before making my decision

"Lily let him go."

"What?! Why?! You do realize he was put here to kill Izuku right?! We've basically gone rogue and thats all the excuse he needs to try!"

"Lily...... trust me I know how you feel, but if he was going to do it then why tell us about it? Why didn't he just kill Izuku during his sleep? Remember just how hard he pushed himself when Izuku was hurt back on I-island. We can trust him."

Lily looks at me then at Nemure, before letting him go and calming herself down

"I can trust you right Nemure?" she asked him. He looked her straight in the eyes

"On my life, I will never turn on Alp- no not Alpha... on my family...." after a long silence

"I'll trust you Nemure..... and sorry about kicking your ass." Nemure let out a small smile

"Don't worry about it.... I understand why you did it. Honestly? I'd have done far worse than you."

"So now that's over with, what do we do about Izu?" Lily asked as we all turned back towards the door as a rather large explosion could be heard. We all stood around trying to think of something, when Nemure spoke up.

"This whole situation has him stressed beyond relief and he's going to get himself killed if he doesn't rest so....... why don't you take him out on a date?"