C h a p t e r 54

Chapter 54 : AlecMonday, August 16th, 2021

Chapter 54 : Alec
Monday, August 16th, 2021

Madelyn makes me feel like a nervous teenage boy all over again, yet I can't help but like it a little.

Ever since she came back those few days ago, I knew I would never let her go—better yet, I would never give her a reason to leave again.

She deserves to know about who her dad really is, but I know the second Madelyn does, things are going to get bad quick.

That alone scares me, but we're only digging our graves deeper the longer we wait.

I've decided I'm going to run it by Caleb and Xavier first for their support, and while I know it's going to be a harsh conversation to have, I swore to Madelyn she had all of me.

That includes even the fucked up parts that are hard to admit.

I needed a little time to sort through things though, because I know Xavier will be the most opposed to opening up, especially about the whole reason why we've dedicated so much time to killing Marcus in the first place.

Though, I do have something in the works that should motivate him to talk to Madelyn, but if my theory is true, that means a lot of pain for Xavier.

I just need concrete evidence first otherwise he'll believe my thoughts to be an act of denial for our girl, and not one based on truth and logic.

Either way, things are getting a lot more serious with Madelyn, and while it's intense, I'm living for it at this point.

That's mainly why I've chosen to put the entire thought of Marcus away for now, because this is our night.

It may make me selfish to stand here at her door, even though I'm sure she's better off with someone else, but when my girl walks out and flashes me a bright smile, I couldn't care less what it made me.

I'm here and she is mine.

"Hey handsome," Madelyn grinned, walking up and rising on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek.

Her lips are soft against my rough skin, and I couldn't help but find myself intoxicated already just by her presence.

Bringing down and turning my head, I brushed my lips against hers, savoring her taste and smell and simply just her.

"Hey, princess," I murmured back, already feeling myself relax into her touch.

Looping my arm around her waist, I end up pulling Madelyn's body flush against mine, my other hand toying with the strands of her hair as though it had a mind of its own.

"Did you do what I requested?" I asked lowly in her ear, enjoying the small blush on her face before I was met with mischievousness.

"Oh yes." She smiled, her voice as luring as a siren, "I even brought you a present, Sir."