013 | you're good for me

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter thirteen

third person;

sienna yawned as she took a seat at her usual algebra desk. and as per usual the quietness of all the students at seven-am died off the second zach and corbyn walked in.

after talking with his friend and some other classmates, as their teacher came in the room zach walked down the back of the room and took his seat next to sienna.

the boy went to say something to her, but the second he opened his mouth he looked away, finally deciding to listen to what she had asked multiple times and not annoy her.

as the class commenced, mrs. ryder handed out piled of worksheets to the front of the class which slowly got passed back to the other students. once everyone had one, she quickly explained the algebra work before sitting down at her desk.

zach debated for a few moments about talking to sienna, then finally build up the courage to — it wasn't that he was scared to, he was just unsure on whether she would like it or not.

he placed his elbow on the table and rested his head on his hand as he faced sienna. "how are you after last night?" he whispered to her.

he just thought it would be a good idea to check up on her, considering the fact he had left her place earlier that morning while she was asleep and didn't want to wake her.

"i'm fine," she copied his tone level as they made eye contact.

"i'm sorry," he ran his fingers through the few front strands of her hands.

"it's okay," she gave him a soft smile before turning to her work, him doing the same only a few seconds later.

it was about halfway through the lesson when mrs. ryder slowly made her way around the classroom, to see how far each of the students were and helping out anyone who needed it.

she had eventually made it to the back and after seeing most of the students in that row she stopped at sienna and zach.

"you two don't need any help," she looked between the two's sheets as they shook their heads.

"alright.. i like that you've been doing your own work lately," she continued, tapping her pen just above zach's paper. "learning and listening for once."

"thanks.." he titled his head, unsure on if it was a compliment or not and how he was supposed to take it.

"that's a good thing zach," sienna whispered to the boy, with a smile on her face, happy that he listened to her and their teacher had noticed.

"oh- thanks," he repeated more confidently this time around.

"and how are you going sienna. completed most the sheet already i see," mrs. ryder turned to face her. "have you been helping zach out?"

"i'm going good," she nodded. "and yeah i help him sometimes when he needs it."

"i'm glad you got moved back here, it's going good for you," she mentioned to zach before moving on to the last few students. 

"you hear that.. you're good for me," he whispered in her ear with a small laugh.

"oooh shush," she gently pushed him away. "do your work. come on, catch up."

"come on, catch up," he jokingly mocked her.

"stop it," she responded not being able to control her smile.

"you're so cute"

julian furrowed as he turned around to look at the two behind him after hearing them sort of flirt with each other, making awkward eye contact zach.

"can i help you..?"

"no, no. i'm fine, it's fine," he shook his head, turning back around to do his work, gossiping a little with his friend beside him.

some time had passed and the hour lesson had come to an end. everyone packed up their belongings and handed their worksheet in on the teachers desk on the way out of the room.

sienna and zach sharing small awkward goodbyes before they went off their own ways to the next class.

"corbyn wait up," he yelled at his friend who ahead of him, sort of jogging to catch up as the boy slowing down for him.

"what up bro," they done their handshake. "noticed you're over sienna now. didn't even say hi to her this morning."

"she asked me to stop annoying her," he shrugged as they continued to walk to music class. "so.. yeah."

"at least you'll listen to her," he said through a laugh.

"well what was i supposed to do?" he furrowed. "disrespect her and not listen to what she asked?"

"no, i think it's good you listen to her," he replied as they walked into the class room. "maybe she'll actually like you then."

"what's going on?" jack spoke up, leaning back in his chair as the sat down.

"oh zach's over that girl."

"didn't even last two weeks," he laughed.

"yeah yeah, whatever," he mumbled as their teacher entered the room.

AUTHORS NOTE

shorter chapter tonight cause i have no inspo and i was so distracted writing this so blame zach for going live :)