304. Meet Someone

Qiao Nian's aura went cold all of a sudden as she looked down at her cell phone. She looked at the caller ID for a while before picking it up.

''Hello.''

Her voice was very calm.

As the person on the line spoke, she subconsciously wanted to place a hand in her pocket, only to realize that she was wearing a dress. She frowned in frustration, and her eyes were dimmed slightly as she looked at the adult and child at the cashier. She then looked away and redirected her attention to the call.

She acknowledged with a short ''mm'' after a long while and then said, ''Send me the address, I'll be there in half an hour.''

Ye Wangchuan had just returned after making the payment. He raised a brow after hearing her and asked, 'You've got something on later?''

Qiao Nian had no idea what to tell him. She hung up and held the cell phone in her hand. Nothing, she said casually, ''I haven't met this elder in a while.''

Ye Wangchuan did not ask who the elder was. He simply looked at her deeply. ''Do you need me to send you there?''

Qiao Nian did not know how long she would be there. She shook her head and said, ''No need, the place we're meeting at is nearby. I'll walk over on my own.''

''Sister, you're not returning with us?'' Ye Qichen was a little disappointed as he wrung his little hands.

Qiao Nian felt her heart go soft. She bent over slightly and ruffled his, her voice more tender than before. ''I have something on, I'll be back at night.''

''Oh.'' Ye Qichen was disappointed but extremely sensible. He looked at her with those big eyes and said, ''I'll wait for Sister to come home.''

He was so sweet and nice.

Qiao Nian felt as if there was something lodged in her throat. She pursed her lips for a moment and caught herself making a promise the very next moment. ''I'll be back as early as I can. Be good at home and listen to Uncle.I'll get you a little gift when I'm back tonight.''

Ye Qichen's eyes lit up. The disappointment vanished, and he was already excited for the night. He nodded. ''Mm! I'll be good and listen to Uncle!''

Qiao Nian smiled, her heart going warm when she saw how adorable he looked. She no longer looked as cool and suave as before now. With that, she touched his head again.

Ye Qichen was so obedient. He went from being a little tiger to a little kitten instead. His eyes squinted as he enjoyed Qiao Nian's ruffling.

Thereafter, he looked up at her with those puppy eyes and asked, ''Then... Sister, can I message you when I miss you?''

Qiao Nian thought about hsi rate of sending messages, Coupled with those adorable eyes of his, she gave in.

''Alright. But I might not reply to you right away.''

After all, it was rude to be on her phone all the time when she was meeting someone else.

Ye Qichen was already satisfied after getting her agreement. A blush appeared on his fair cheeks, and even his ears went red. ''I'll be good and wait for Sister to return...''

Hehe, Little Uncle must be so envious.

Ye Wangchuan did indeed shoot him a glance, but it was a subtle one, and there was a smile on his face. There was no trace of envy or jealousy at all.

Gu San looked at the calm expression of the adult and the smug demeanor of the little one. He knew that Master Wang was in full control of Little Young Master. When they contacted Miss Qiao later on, it would still be under Master yang's charge. Gu San's eyes twitched upon thinking about it.

...

Since she had to meet someone...

Qiao Nian did not wait for Jiang Li to be done selecting his gift. She simply let Gu San and the rest know that she was leaving first and headed for the meeting place.

Shen Jingyan asked to meet her at the city center, but not in this commercial area. Rather, it was at the periphery where the white-collar workers often gathered.