| nineteen ; jeju island raid

the shadow in the light

chapter nineteen; jeju island raid

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"warriors are born in battle - and war is living outside the field."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: got a bit carried away while writing so this chapter is a bit longer than usual

hunters began to board the helicopters. everyone had a sombre expression on their face. this was it, the day of the jeju island raid.

y/n sat on the chair, taking deep breaths. she felt herself being constrained, like she couldn't breathe. different scenarios played out in her head, each of them having someone dying.

that was when she felt a hand over hers. she looked up and saw hae-in smiling at her. y/n sighed and looked down at the floor, "i'm scared hae-in. is it weird for me to be scared?"

"it isn't y/n. everyone is afraid of something," hae-in assured.

"i just can't help thinking that something wrong is going to happen," y/n said. "maybe i'm just overthinking again."

hae-in looked over and smiled when she met gazes with yoon-ho. yoon-ho nudged towards y/n, silently asking about her condition. hae-in mouthed nervous to him and he nodded his head.

"looks like it's finally going to start," ma dong-wook announced.

on jeju island, goto ryuji and his hunters were split into four teams. each them consisted of three members.

"this is A-alpha. respond in order," goto instructed through the communication device.

"B-bravo over."

"C-charlie over."

"D-delta over."

"everyone, release it now." at once, every japanese hunter released their mana onto the island. the ants detected their magical energy and split into four different directions.

"what an enormous amount of magical energy!" yoon-ho exclaimed.

"the japanese must have started their attack," jong-in said. hae-in and y/n stood up, adjusting their armour and sword.

seven ants flew up to the helicopter, and jong-in took action. "allow me to take care of them." jong-in activated his skill, flame spear and lunged them at the ants.

an explosion occured at each ant. jong-in clicked his tongue, seeing some of the ants were still alive.

"as i thought, the amount of flames will do nothing to them. the helicopter may shake a bit so make sure to hold on tight." jong-in informed and raised his hand before throwing a huge surge of flames towards the ants.

"the ants have evolved quite a bit. they are much different from last time. they seem to have a similar resistance to the ones in a-rank dungeons where i have to make sure to focus quite a bit on my flames." jong-in added. "i will first scope out how strong these guys are."

"w-wait master choi!" ma dong-wook shouted but jong-in had already jumped out from the helicopter. "will master choi be okay?"

"i'm sure he'll be fine," hae-in said. "after all, his magic thrives the most when he has to face more than one enemy."