chapter 5: the mission

(A/n: welcome dear readers it is i, a/n and welcome to chapter 5. Kick back in your chair and grab a snack or two and lets begin)

(3rd pov y/n dorm)

In the dormitory we see y/n standing in the middle of the room wearing gear that an artist would have on along with a blank canvas sitting in front of him. He took a deep breathe and started to paint.

(Meanwhile)

In team RWBY dorm we see weiss sitting on her bed in different clothes. Suddenly ruby appears in front of weiss startling her while yang and blake are just sitting on either a chair or their bed.

Ruby: alright girls are you ready?

Weiss: can you relay the plan again?

Yang: so are we going to take down some bad guys?

Ruby: yang we aren't fighting bad people which makes me slightly annoyed but the plan was that we go out and get a gift to someone at union we care about the most.

Yang huffed and crossed her arms but went wide eyed when she heard her half sister mention gift to someone they care about and she instantly got some "questionable" thoughts about y/n. Ruby and blake noticed the blush on yangs face but decided to ignore her.

Blake: so ruby who are you going to get a gift for?

Ruby: that's a secret. Anyways lets go we need to get the gifts the PR festival lasts only Month.

Ruby suddenly rushes out the dorm while her team look at where she was in confusion.

Weiss: should we...go?

Blake then stood up and left the room along with yang and weiss who reached a bullhead with ruby shaking like a child in a suger rush.

Ruby:let'sgolet'sgolet'sgo!

Ruby then entered the bullhead while her teammates followed. When they all entered the bullhead it took off into union city.

(Timeskip to arrival)

After arriving at union city team rwby decided to head tp head to union City's plaza to get a gift for the one they care about the most. Yang went into a lingerie store which confused ruby. Ruby went into a cookie store while weiss and blake went there separate ways.

(Meanwhile at union)

Y/n is seen finishing cleaning up some paint off the floor and looked at the painting. It showed a detailed picture young y/n trying to fish with (f/n). Y/n smiled and put the canvas in the  corner of the room that has a red light active there. Y/n started to put away his art supplies only to here a knock on his door. Y/n cautiously walked towards the door and opened it to reveal rei standing there.

Y/n: what do you want?

Rei:well i wanted to know if i can help you with the project that oobleck assigned you?

Y/n: well unfortunately for you i completed my project but you can enter for tea

Rei nodded and walked in the dorm and sat on a floor mat while y/n brought in a kettle and two teacups and handed one to rei who accepts the cup and pours herself a cup.

Rei:so...how has things been going?

Y/n:things has been going the same. They must have thought i was lying.

Rei looked down sad which caused y/n to look at rei in confusion.

Y/n: why are you looking sad rei? That's not how i usually see you.

Rei: well it's just that i don't like how the other students treat you like garbage when it's obvious that even without your powers you can beat them.

Y/n: tell that to the council they only care about profit and power they don't care about your wellbeing unless you are very powerful.

Rei nodded in understanding since she told y/n that her semblance makes her practically invisible to the grimm sensing her emotions. Y/n looked it rei in confusion.

Y/n:i find it confusing that your not kicked out when your semblance only works on grimm.

Rei then took a sip of the tea and set the cup on the tray.

Rei: well the only reason I'm not kicked out is because the council made me wear the clothes you see me in now.

Y/n hand tightens into a fist but relaxes a few seconds later. Rei then stands up and walks towards the door.

Rei: it was nice talking to you y/n.

Rei then leaves the dorm while y/n sat on the floor in silence for a few hours and stood up when he heard a knock on his door. Y/n then stood up and walked to the door and opened only to close it again when he saw that it was issei that was at the door.

Issei: oh come on you don't even know what i was going to ask.

Y/n:i already know what you want from me and it is always no.

Issei was thinking about breaking the door down and beating up y/n bit thought against it since he would get fined for property damage. So he left grumbling some insults while walking away allowing y/n some quiet. Suddenly the speakers went off and ozpins voice is heard on it.

Ozpin: may all students report to the amphitheater.

Y/n then stood up and exited his dorm while locking it behind him and started heading towards the amphitheater.

(Short timeskip and team rwby returns from union city)

(Y/n pov)

After i arrived at the amphitheater i saw the principles standing on the stage while a large number of students are standing around the amphitheater looking at the principles. Ozpin then stepped up to the microphone and began to speak.

Ozpin: for many years and generations huntsman, huntresses, and heros have been protecting the citizens of the world from what threatens the lives of others and it's is the day that everyone is either shadowing someone from the hero or huntsman division.

I deadpanned of how most of the students outright ignored ozpin's speech about something that will benefit them. I thought back to a memory that i had with my mother.

(Flashback 3rd pov)

The noises of a child giggling can be heard from a bush as a woman walks up to it.

(F/n): come on y/n lets head to the river those fish aren't going to catch themselves.

A younger version of (Y/n) steps out from the bushes giggling happily.

(Y/n): yes mom!

After that they walked to the river with fishing rods with them.

(Flashback ends)

Y/n slightly smiles at this memory when he noticed that the others are walking up to these boards and registering their team on it. Y/n sighed and walked up to an board and was about to register himself only to get pushed out of the way by none other than issei hyoudou.

Issei: out of the way weakling. Important people coming through.

Y/n(thoughts): i swear this pervert should have just been left for dead at the fountain.

Rias then walked up towards the board y/n was going to sign in to and signed her team in the mission not knowing that this mission was to tend to someones garden. Y/n smirked when the board verifies the submission of the registration. Y/n then walked away from them and walked up to a board.

On the board it said: "there has been reports of a unknown grimm with red cubes on it found roaming in an abandoned village." Y/n wrote his name down in the registration and it verified due to the benefits of being very skilled in combat.

Y/n then walked towards the bullhead docking bay and waited for the huntsman he has to be with.

???:so your the kid that signed up fkr this? You got guts kid.

(Thats chapter five hope you enjoy it.)