|CHAPTER ELEVEN|

YULE

She felt apprehensive about the gift she had gotten for him. What if he didn't like it?

"This is my way of promising to you that I shall be yours forever. Will you accept it?"

The weeks flew in a blur for Hazel, Marvolo and their friends

The weeks flew in a blur for Hazel, Marvolo and their friends. They were way too busy to notice the time. Hazel's mornings were spent training and learning from the Inner Circle. They really knew the subjects they were teaching. Lucius had taught her nearly fifty tricks on politics and had given her a whole hoard of secrets and tips. Bellatrix was a whizz at Duelling, Rabastan knew Defence and Rodolphus was a natural at Dark Magic. Hazel actually understood and started enjoying Potions as well. Severus taught her all about Herbology. Hazel's afternoons were spent at the Ministry - working over some issue, making plans, noticing places that needed change, going over laws and most importantly, socializing. Her evenings were spent in discussing reforms to be brought about at Hogwarts and reading. At night, Marvolo helped her to strengthen her Occlumency shields and taught her Legilimency. Marvolo was ruthless in destroying her mental shields and she struggled to not give up. This was something he would not be gentle with, "Hazel, you know that if Dumbledore gets furious, he will not be gentle with your mind. You will not be able to tolerate an invasion of high intensity."

Despite her failing several times, Marvolo was exceedingly patient with her. While his viciousness did not decrease, he always made sure to give her Pain Relief potions, a Dreamless Sleep potion and a lovely head massage at the end of each practice session. The day's weariness catching up and the Dreamless Sleep potion working together would put her to sleep easily.

____________________________________

The day before Yule, all her tutors declared that she was done with their teaching. Now she need only practice. Hazel literally jumped with joy that left the Death Eaters smiling, or cackling in Bella's case.

That night, finally, Marvolo told her that she was done with her Occlumency and Legilimency. Her shields were as strong as they could be. "Now, you only need to keep your shields up at all times. Also remember to meditate at least for thirty minutes daily."

Hazel happily fell asleep curling into Marvolo, awaiting for yule the next day.

____________________________________

Yule, it was marvellous, it was magnificent, it was miraculous, it was majestic, it was mind-blowing. It was celebrated only among close friends and family. The dining room was laden with food. They moved to the hall and started with the rituals.

They praised Magic and offered rosemary and a sprinkling of sparkling cider in all directions. They thanked Mother Magic for choosing them as her children and vowed to keep her alive. They all offered a little bit of their blood and a piece of apple at the alter and begged her to accept their offering and bless her.

Hazel was standing still. She had heard that Magic only blessed whom she deemed worthy. To her great surprise, all the blood vanished from the alter and the apple was bitten from a side. They all kneeled, thanked mother magic and took a bit of her bitten apple.

Then they moved to the dining room and started with the feast. The Inner Circle, Hazel's friends and the Weasleys went. Hazel and Marvolo went to the living room to collect their presents which were leaning by the hearth. Both of them had huge piles of presents.

Sirius and Remus had gotten her a necklace which had protection charms and runes. Hermione and Ginny gave her a red dress and matching heels. Ron got her a perfume, Bill and Charlie got her a set of Wizarding Chess. There were prank items from the twins, a book on Herbology from Neville and Luna, new dress robes from Lavender, Parvati and Padma. Mrs Weasley had sent her normal jumper and some Fudge. The Malfoys had gotten her a few books on Politics and a pair of diamond earrings. The Lestranges' had gotten her some very rare books, that she suspected had come from their personal vaults. Bella had once told her 'You are the daughter I never had'. The same was said by Narcissa. Severus had gotten her a ring set in gold that had a huge ruby in the centre. He said that it came with a lot of protection charms and that she should never take it off.

Hazel immediately put it on her finger along with Sirius and Remus' necklace.

The rest of her gifts were from other death eaters - wine bottles, jewellery, books, perfumes, accessories and a big fluffy teddy bear set that contained an elephant, a panda and a penguin.

She turned and saw that Marvolo had also got a lot of stuff from his Death Eaters. Most of them had sent him books, though she could spot some potions, robes, jewellery and rare potion ingredients.

She felt apprehensive about the gift she had gotten for him. What if he didn't like it?

Marvolo turned to Hazel, who was sitting on a divan, knelt in front of her and took her left hand in his. She was wearing Her Peverell ring on her little finger and the one she had gotten from Severus on her index.

Hazel's heart beat faster. "Hazel, we got started with a rocky start but our relationship has greatly improved till then"

Unable to speak she nodded.

"Hazel, I really care for you and I want to make this work - make us work. I've never felt like this about anyone, with anyone. Hazel I thought I was falling for you. Now I realize, I have fallen for you."

He took out a small velvet box from his inner pocket and opened it. A ring lay inside.

"Hazel Lily Potter, I love you and I fully intend on making you mine one day

"Hazel Lily Potter, I love you and I fully intend on making you mine one day. But you are too young now and there is a lot of time for us. This is my way of promising to you that I shall be yours forever. Will you accept it?"

She just nodded, smiling. He slid the ring onto her middle finger and kissed it.

____________________________________

He got up and Hazel got out her own gift. It was the diary that had been stabbed by a Basilisk fang but there was no damage in it.

"I nicked it from Dumbledore's office. I realised that it still held some part of your soul. So I used a ritual and tears from Dumbledore's phoenix to revive it."

She studied her promise ring while Marvolo sat in silence. It was set in rose gold with diamonds and an emerald

Marvolo said nothing. He took it from her hands and hugged her tightly.

"Words were not needed to express themselves. They understood each other just by a single look."

"His love, like rain falls over her and she begins to bloom!"

AN : We're finally getting along with some action. The next chapter will be all about the Ministry Annual Ball where Dumbledore will try to sway Hazel to his side, in vain.

Love,

Cierra.