5

edited

edited.

Elle Miller.

I carefully placed the coffee on his table and turned to look at the clock.

8:58am.

He'll be here soon.

As I was about to leave, a blue notebook caught my attention.

I flipped through pages. Everything in the book was written so beautifully. I checked the date and it was of the day before I joined here.

Is this Mr William's book? This has to be his book! I mean he didn't had a PA before me joining in here so it must be him taking the notes.

My lips parted in surprise.

I used to tease him back then because he had a very ugly handwriting and he promised me he would change it.

And he actually did.

I felt someone's presence behind me.

"What are you looking at?"

He whispered in a low voice.

"U-um sir, I was-"

I paused when I felt his chest against my back. He is too close!

"Looking through my book?"

"Y-yes.."

I answered awkwardly. The position we were in and the close proximity made me stutter.

He hummed softly resting his chin on my shoulder as flipped through the pages.

"Impressed by my neat work?"

"Y-yeah.."

He chuckled still not moving away from me.

"Surprised?"

"Kind of.."

He leaned away from me. I turned around quickly, facing him and realised we were still quite close.

"You know Miss Miller, I don't like repeating myself."

He spoke casually yet seriously. I get a feeling I messed up.

He leaned in putting both his hands on either side of me. Now I was trapped between him and the table.

My butt rested against table as I leaned back.