17 LANGUAGES

y/n pov
as we walk up the short driveway the hand around my bags strap gets tighter making my knuckles go white. We make it up to the door it is a tiny 2 story apartment block and i assume their would have to be a couple kids in each room.

Ms Jamison brings her hand up to the door however just before she knocks the door swings open. Leaving her fist hanging in the air. Basically it is an introduction thing that i cant be bothered to pay attention to. I zone out looking at the room behind the woman running the orphanage.

Time skip to after ms Jamison had left

i was introduced to everyone at dinner there was around 40 other kids but only like 5 bedrooms. So i was informed they were in ages. First room from the dinner table was for the youngest babys 0-2 years old they were typically only here for a month before getting adopted next to the left was the little kids 3-6 most of them were here for less than a year but got adopted next was 7-10 year olds they didn't get adopted as much as the others but still only stayed around a year. Next was the 11-14 yearolds they mostly stayed here for a couple years mostly getting adopted if their younger sibling was. Then it was my age group the oldest teens, 15-17 we were never adopted most stayed until you were 18 tha kicked out or followed a similar path to the 13yo the other room was for the owner no one was even allowed near it. After dinner i was led to my room i walk in to see 4 sets of bunks. (a/n like this sexy image i drew)

One of the older girls had long dark brown hair and bold blue eyes led me to the top bunk of the bed closest to the window. easy to climb through when i want to do patrolling. It was obvious that these teens were all friends there was kalya the chick that showed me around, Jason her twin brother both were 15 my age, kaleb who was 17 was the second eldest along with maria who was a month younger than him. The others were all 16, ethan, sage and bailey. Every one had an hour of room time after dinner which sounded great but you were all just locked in your room. So we decided to get to know each other better.

'so y/n where you from' bailey asks. He was tall and had fluffy brown hair. All the other teens seem intrigued by this question. Since they hinted on my accent.

'im from Russia but lived in newyork most of my life however i went back to Russia a couple years ago i came back to new york 2weeks ago' i finish and look at them. They all look like their mind was blown.

'do you know Russian?' kayla asks everyone adds their own do you

'yeah fluent' i answer happy that people are interested in me

'cool any other languages' sage asks jumping over onto my bed.

'yeah uh wait let me think' i pause counting on my fingers, their eyes go wide as i have to reset my fingers after i counted over ten. I look at them 'so uh 17: German, Russian, English, Italian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, mauri, French, Chinese both traditional and mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese Korean, Hindi, Vietnamese, Arabic,  and a bit of Urdu' i finish i had never actually listed them off like that it makes it sound like i knew so much. They all look at me completely shocked

'prove it say cheese in each language' Jason asks i smile at his simple task and continue to say awesome in all of them. They are so shocked. After i snap them all out of their daze we continue the q & a staying up past lights out. I lay down loving the fact i just made lots of new friends. Before i got to sleep i decide to text nat and tell her about my day, she loved when i did it every night so i always did it now. Also noting that i have to see nast and birdbrains reactions.

3brain cells
Bird brain
THAT'S GREAT
WHEN DO U START

Spider mom
That is amazing
You deserve it. <3

Bird brain
Kid?

Spider mom
Kid are you all right
Sent 7 hours ago

Bird brain
She probably went to tell her parents

y/n
sorry i didn't respond i ran into someone than made 8 new friends now im here.
And bird brain i start on Monday after school

Bird brain
YOUR ALIVE
And nice

Spider mom
U had me worried
And great hun

I switched to private messages with nat.

Spider mom
So how was your day today,

y/n
ooo it started good than got bad but ended really good

spider mom
tell me what happened

nats pov
i loved when y/n talked about their day it made me so happy that she was happy. Apart from when she would tell me about bullys she never told me what these bullys did but i knew it was more than name calling.

My child
Ok so basically i woke up as usual went to school blab la bla than i got told i got the internship in the last session. however when i got out of school one of the bullys wanted the internship they didn't get it s they took their anger out on me it didn't really mater im used to it-

Nat
WHAT ur used to it

My child
Uh not what i ment. Anyway then wanda Fricking maximoff came and stopped them. We ended up talking for a while than i had to go home and another bully beat me up a bit before my case worker came to do a check in. lets just say a bit later i was outside an orphanage. Anywhy i met the owner and the kids. The people in my age are really nice you could tell they were all friends. I got to know them they were shocked when i said i fluenty spoke 17 languages but i think we are friends.

Nat pov still
I show my phone to wanda who i was helpin make blue choc chip cookies (a/n if u understand that dam joke ur amazing). She read the part about her and blushes again.

Nat
So u speak 17 languages at 15
Also i herd you know who we are

My child
Uh yeah isn't that normal to speak more than one
And yeah ur the avengers and u should have seen my reaction when i realied i was calling THE black widow mom. Smh.

Nat
Yeah lmao but not like 17
Anyway its 1am go to sleep

My child
I will geez
Night mom

Nat
Nigh child.

y/n pov
i roll over putting my phone under my pillow when i hear the door creek open. In the door stands he owner and she looks pissed.

a/n hello if u understood that reference good job if u didn't your probably a little more mentally stable not much but a bit. Anyway see you in the next chapter.