RECAP

A/N: This is a recap of the book so far. I have written some comments through it, so you may want to give it a glance even if you still remember the story.
Also, I've used the darker color for the names that are important for the plot and underlined parts that are crucial for the characters.
In then end of it, you will find anoher smaller note. Don't forget to check it out. Enjoy the little trip. 😘

CHAPTERS 1-4

The beginning of the book is set inside a movie theatre. Our female lead Daphne, decides to watch the famous movie Joker along with her best friend Khloe and her twin sister Kassie. During the movie she gets an anxiety attack which gives us the first clue about her fragile mentality.

Excusing herself to the bathroom, she gets help by two men who happen to stumble over her. Both of them are wearing make up which resembles the iconic character and that's why she gives one of them the nickname Joker.

That's meant to be our sweet male lead, whose name remains unknown for several chapters. They share an intimate moment full of vulnerability, which ends up abruptly for both of them.

Daphne loses track of him, but he remains in her mind for many days after the incident. Continuing her daily life she gets back in college where she meets her little group of friends. Khloe, Zoey and Mikaela.

During a conversation Khloe reveals to their friends what happened in the theatre, besides Daphne's clear discomfort. The girls are pushing for details which she doesn't give them. Later on, Khloe visits Daphne to apologise for her actions and they decide to spend their night watching movies, until a phone call interrupts them. Mikaela who went to a campus party with Zoey, lost track of her and the girls decide to go find her.

 Mikaela who went to a campus party with Zoey, lost track of her and the girls decide to go find her

CHAPTERS 5-7

Arriving at the party, the three of them split up in order to find Zoey. Khloe takes her car to drive around the campus, while Daphne and Mikaela look for her on foot. Mikaela tells Daphne that Zoey left with a guy who is known for drug dealing inside the campus and that puts both of them on edge. Luckily, they find a contact who informs them about his name and his whereabouts.

The girls find themselves in front of the East Wing which is under reconstruction and where they learned Dylan (the guy Zoey left with) has a delivery for drugs. Sending a quick text to Khloe, Daphne and Mikaela go inside to look for their friend. There is no sight of her, although they find her bag and phone. Following the sound of voices in the garase, they catch a glance of three men (one of them being Dylan himself) and a girl whose face stays hidden behind them. Convinced that it's Zoey they decide to get her out of there, but they get caught by the three men.

After a lot of back and forth between Daphne and the guy's leader Eric, Mikaela manages to leave, but Daphne stays behind. Eric, a short tempered man with clear mental problems takes a liking in her and keeps her with him during the drug dealing. Three gang members make their appearances for the deal. Brody, Mark and finally Ethan. The last one seems familiar to her but her anxiety doesn't let her think clearly. Daphne discovers it's not Zoey with them, rather than just some random girl. She lashes against Eric and the two of them fight in front of everyone. Their fight is cut short by a new car approaching the building and the man inside it.