Twelve | Anneliese |

Ella

Vincenzo's arms are still wrapped around me. I open my eyes slowly and find him gazing down at me. I flinch and he smiles. "Hey." He whispers. "Did I scared you?"

"God! You did!" I utter. "I didn't expect that you were staring me."

"What did you expect then?" He asks teasingly.

"I thought you were sleeping." I mumble. "How many hours past?"

He glances at his watch over my shoulder, "four. Let's head to our seat. We are supposedly to land after some minutes."

I nod. Vincenzo stands up and he offers me his hand. I take it and raise. I wear my shoes the we head to our seat. Vincenzo grabs a cigar and fidget it with his fingers. I can see how impatient he is to light it but he can't smoke inside of a jet.

After some minutes the plane lands to New York. Vincenzo glares at me, "welcome to the city that never sleep."

"I've been here before and it sucks to be back." I mutter as I sound dread.

"You were from New York?"

"Yeah."

"Then? What happened that made you left?" His brows knits together, he has his cigar in between of his fingers.

I sigh, "I'll tell you another time. Should we head out?" I motion to the door.

He nods, "sure."

He unbukles his seatbelt and I do the same. The hostess opens the door for us and we descend the dozens stairs. There are three cars waiting outside, two black Ford Mustang and one vantablack Bugatti. His Made men are standing with rifles in their hand, they are all wearing black suit with white shirt. They have the dangerous look alert on their faces. Anyone who sees them can pee in their pants. Vincenzo men seems energetic. I can feel the actual mafia vibe—is this real?

"Should we, love?" He places his hand on my waist and escorts me to the vantablack Bugatti. He say something to his men in Italian and they nod. I absorb his stunning Italian accent.

"Where are we heading to?" I ask him.

"To my parents mansion." He says. "Take each signal I'll provide you. Don't mess up." He warns me.

I nod and glance to the rearview mirror. I see the two Ford Mustang following us from behind, one is on the right side and the other on the left side.

***

The car pulls in front of a huge mansion mad either expensive bricks. Vincenzo exits the car and comes to open my door—its the first time that he showed me his good manners. I whisper a thank you to him. He offers me his hand and I take it.

My heart pick a higher rate as we proceed near the main door. Vincenzo sighs as we stand in front of the huge wooden door, then he rings the bell.

He squeezes his grips around my waist and he sends me a wave about him being nervous. I give him a warm smile and he nods. The door opens and a woman with blonde hair greets us.

"Mi amor, Vin!" She pulls Vincenzo into a tight hug, "what a pleasant surprise." The happiness on her face is unpredictable. "Mom, how are you?" Vincenzo smiles at her.

"Much better with your presence." She beckons her head to me, "who is she?"

"Ella Montero." Vincenzo says.

His mother pulls me into a hug. She pulls away and stares at me with a smile, she looks away when a girl walks to us, she is blonde with bob cut hairstyle. A wide smile appears on her face when she sees Vincenzo.

"Anneliese..." Vincenzo murmurs with puzzling thoughts. He leaves my waist and gives his mother a confused look.

"Vince..." she jumps into Vincenzo and he lifts her. He has a bewildered smile on his face. Anneliese looks happy and I don't think she is his sister.

"I came to New York, I thought to meet your family before proceeding with my holidays." She explains. Her brows ticks when she notices me. "Who is she?"

"My assistant." Vincenzo's eyes flickers to me then to Anneliese.

Anneliese beams, "I thought she's your maid." She gives me a devilish smirk, "anyway!" She shrugs. "You didn't inform me that you're coming back to New York."

"I don't live by your schedule, Anne. I'm here to meet my parents." Vincenzo pushes her away gently, he looks pissed all of a sudden. Earlier he was happy to be back but after meeting Anneliese his entire happiness froze with coldness.

How is Anneliese related to him?