Chapter 06

Elly

It had been hell of a three weeks since I found out Drake was my mate. At first I couldn't understand why he didn't recognised me as his mate. But after they had gone from the changing room, I sat on a bench unable to move myself or too shocked realising that my worst nightmare had come true.

Wasn't moon goddess supposed to know everything? That never in a million years I wanted to be his Luna. Or I never wanted to be hang around or even to have a simple talk with those people whom a Luna supposed to keep around. Urgh! Just thinking about it frustrated me.

I thought harder why he couldn't smell my scent. I couldn't find any reason until my eyes landed on the perfume bottle. Really! Did the perfume messed up with my scent? So did I really have a chance of not getting caught by him?

If this was working then I would avoid him until he graduate which was less than a year. Since I didn't live in the pack house and didn't have any interaction with them, it would be easy to do that. After I graduated I would apply the furthest medical college from here. And I wouldn't return.

That was my plan until they tried to find me again. I thought he would give up and others wouldn't care. But I was wrong. When Roy visited during weekends he had a lots of things to say. I didn't know they checked on me for the second time and I cursed myself for not being careful. But I used perfumes everyday and bought some more too. I kept one of those everywhere I needed. The locker, my school bag. And I sprayed them on my clothes and on everything I used.

I knew I was crazy but I had to do everything to not to get caught. I didn't tell anyone not even Lisa who started to make fun of me for using perfumes. But I didn't care as she helped me out in the first place without her even knowing.

I really felt sorry for Drake for having to visit a granny but it was kind of hilarious too. It started to get on my nerves when students started to talk about Alpha's mysterious mate. They had different reasons as to why I was hiding from my mate. Some people said I could be a weak, ugly wolf who didn't have any confidence in herself. Well actually Biyanka started it.

Others said I might have a boyfriend and didn't want to tell Drake about it, fearing he might kill my lover. Huh! A good plot for a drama.

If they found out me being his mate, everyone would be shocked, since they knew what happened between Drake and me two years ago. But I wanted to stop all of these things and carry on with my life. That was why I called him that day to end this once and for all.

I was in the laboratory that day which was on second floor. I promised our teacher to help her out, to organise chemicals and new equipments. The laboratory had a good view of outside. Since the weather was nice lots of students hung out in nature.

After giving me instructions about what to do, the teacher went to the office to handover the documents. I knew it would take nearly thirty minutes for her to come back.

Earlier I spotted Drake, Roy and others when I was looking outside. So that was the perfect opportunity if I wanted to call him.

I used a dual sim phone. One was for family and friends, and other one used for hospital staff. I had Certificate III in basic health care. My mom made me do it so I would be able to experience hospital duties early on. I was a staff member and they called me when they needed me. Specially mom if she had something to show me.

But after I was able to mindlink, we stopped using the number. I was expected to call him so I bought a new sim before hand. All I had to do was activate the sim when needed.

Everything went fine until I pissed him off. His voice did strange things to my body and a shiver ran down my spine when he called me 'Baby'. I guessed it was the mate bond acting up. I was surprised to hear him say he wouldn't give up on me even though he had no idea about who I was. I was nervous for a second but I knew he wouldn't be able to find me.

I was so engulfed in my thoughts that I didn't see Roy and another guy until they come near the building I was in. They entered quickly and I knew they came here to look for me. I ended the call and the teacher came back right on time when I needed her. Roy passed the laboratory waving at me. I held back my laughter. I was with our teacher so he didn't suspect me.

I saw Drake few times after that day. He looked calm and peaceful but I knew he was battling with emotional storms inside. I felt guilty for doing that but there was no way I could be his or this pack's Luna. If he was not an Alpha, I would have rejected him a long time ago. Only an Alpha could reject another Alpha. Another stupid law made by the council to keep an Alpha's ego intact. So I had to wait until he decided to reject me.

I never thought I would make any mistakes since I had been very careful all the time. But we were tend to make mistakes and I shouldn't have tried to be confident about it.