Chapter 15: Tilak

Rishi rushed to the venue as he thought he was late for the function. They were from the bride's side so they cannot afford to be late for this sake. Finally, after 20 minutes of fast driving, Rishi reached the hall.

He could see his relatives all from Benaras and his family from Gaziabad but still, there were many, who were not familiar. The function had not yet started. He could see people were fixing flowers strings and lighting near the stage.

From the crowd, an aged person with a heavy voice called Rishi, "Beta, come here. Hurry."

"Dadaji, pranam." Rishi rushed to take first his blessings. The tall man in his late sixties smiled looking at his grandson after a long time. He passed his walking stick to other and hugged him affectionately.

"IAS Rishi Agrawal, it's a pleasure to meet you." He chuckled while hugging.

"Professor, pleasure is entirely mine." He reciprocated by a tighter hug.

The duo was quite delighted to meet after a long time. His one of uncles accompanying them said, "When will we get a chance to attend Rishi's tilak?"

"Dadaji... Let me meet Ma, I'll be back soon." His Dadaji nodded and he left. He smiled and said, "What so rush? He is an IAS. He will never have short of proposals."

Rishi escaped from further discussion. He thought its quite better to leave them by themselves rather than explain to them. He was wandering near the main hall but could not find his mother. Later, he went to a room near to it and was quite surprised to see the things spread over the mattresses.

 Later, he went to a room near to it and was quite surprised to see the things spread over the mattresses

When Rishi went to the room next to the hall, he found the room was full of gifts and clothes. There were large baskets of fruits along with many other items required for puja.

He could see his Ma was busy, instructing the servants. He came in front of her, bowed down to take her blessings. She stopped him by saying,

"You are finally back, beta. May God gives all happiness of the world to my son! Have a wealthy life with a healthy body! " She blessed him.

"Rishi, come here beta. He looks quite thin. It seems you are really careless about your health." His grandmother asked him.

Rishi took no time and quickly took her blessings as well. He said, "No Dadi, no food tastes as better as the one prepared in the home. Don't worry Dadi, I'll take more care of it."

"I know you will manage everything but this time I wish that god soon bring my granddaughter-in-law to take good care of you." She expressed her wish to them.

"Common Dadi. I do not need anyone when Ma and you are there for me." He replied instantly. He excused himself and later, joined his cousins.

All the arrangements were almost done. Within half an hour, the groom's family entered along with their close relatives.