2.4

scott climbed into the back of the jeep before stiles opened the door and got into the passenger seat

"hey." sillie reached over to rub his shoulder.

"you ok?" scott asked.

"yeah." stiles obviously wasn't. "you're right, scott. it's not like you. i mean, its eyes were almost, like, reptilian. that's why i called it a monstrous lizard when i called."

"we're talking about the thing that killed isaac's dad, almost attacked allison, and now killed the mechanic and almost you?" sillie checked.

"mhm," stiles confirmed. "there was something about its eyes."

"what do you mean?" scott inquired.

"you know when you see, like, a friend in a halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes, and you feel like you know them, but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"wait." sillie paused, turning to him.

"are you saying you knew who it was?" scott questioned.

"no." stiles sighed. "but i think it knew me."

sillie grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze, not knowing what to say.

≡≡≡

"you do know i know exactly what the bestiary is and could've told you myself while allison could've told you where he keeps it and where the keys are?" sillie raised an eyebrow, sitting on the bench with stiles. she adjusted her beanie. 

stiles gave her a look. "that would've been great to know before i ran all over the school six thousand times!" he huffed. "by the way, scott told me."

sillie squeezed her eyes shut, groaning loudly. "don't talk about it! it was a one-time mistake. it will never happen again."

he sighed. "as much as i hate derek and your guys' sex life and your guys' relationship in general, you can talk to me whenever you need to. as long as there's no sex details." he gagged at the word 'sex'.

she snorted. "yeah... thanks, but no thanks. i'd rather not talk to my little brother about having sex with my ex."

"thank god," stiles mumbled, making her laugh.

coach blew the whistle. "stilinski's! one go to the bleachers, the other stay there! and greenberg, shut up and get on the damn field!"

sillie chuckled. "looks like it's my time to go. you know what to do if something goes wrong during the plan."

"just text or call you, i know. the emergency word is pineapple; i just send that or a P and you start running to my rescue, as always," he assured. "and i send you updates every five minutes."

she smiled, running a hand over his buzzed hair. "good." then she sat on the bleachers.

≡≡≡