12| Jealous much?

"You don't have to worry about me anymore, Mateo

"You don't have to worry about me anymore, Mateo. Like Dominic said, we don't know each other anymore." Her voice is different then she's ever spoken to us. It holds distant as she pushes herself off the bed grabbing her things to leave.

My eyes stay trained on her and I feel myself want to pull her back in to tell her that nothing changes. I want to keep her in our friend group. In the small time that she's been here, she's pushed her way through us. She's attached now. But with her being a Romano, it's just never been allowed. She was part of the Italian mafia, a mafia who's hurt ours.

"Dominic." I say almost in a whisper. Dominic's blazing eyes turn to me softening as he looks at me.

"I get it. I really do. I get that you're trying to keep us safe as well as the rest of the Spanish mafia. I get that she's a Romano, a mafia who's done a mistake in the past. Though you can't even deny the fact that she hasn't been here for 14 years. Her family doesn't even know who she is. How could she harm us?" I keep my eyes on my feet, not daring to look up.

"Both of you are right, okay? You want to keep us safe but what if you're keeping us safe from a non-existent danger?" Mateo pauses as all eyes stay on him. "I hate that I'm even suggesting this, especially since I truly do see her as a friend, yet it may be the only way. What if we do some sort of test? Something like a lie detector test."

"I know that I'm not part of the mafia and don't hold any sort of authority in the matter but I think I speak for all of us that she's been a breath of fresh air in the past few days. A new personality to add to our group. And before you say anything, Marco, you could have scared her to leave but you kept quiet. You accepted her." Aria's words register in Marco's mind who clears his throat before speaking.

"Normally I would never agree to this, but Arabella hasn't done anything wrong. She could have harmed someone with all the given opportunities but she didn't. And Mateo might have a point, our best bet is a lie detector test."

Dominic looks conflicted as if not sure whether to listen to us or continue keeping his guard up for our safety. We all waited at the edge of our seats and we could imagine the wheels turning in his head. With a sigh he looks at me first and casts his eyes to the ceiling making a silent prayer.

"Fine. We'll see how this lie detector test goes and then we'll see." He mutters begrudgingly and I don't waste a second wrapping him in a hug.

"Thank you Domy!" I squeal, hugging the life out of my twin. Hell, sometimes I forget that we're twins and he's not actually 5 years older than me.

"I've told you not to call me that." He grumbles but you can see a small smile pulling at his face. Yeah my brother's a total softy.

The moment is cut off when Anders rushes in looking terrified.

"Sir, I think you might want to check on the young lady who left a few minutes ago. She seems to be shaking." His words barely register and we're all rushing out to see what happened. We freeze seeing the phone in Arabella's hand hit the ground with a thud as her hands shake vigorously. Her hands embed themselves in her hair as she tugs forcefully her eyes glued to the faraway empty hallway.