[chapter nine] the way it was

'✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

Everything seemed to have gone back to normal.

Lydia was in school. Scott and Allison were sickeningly in love. Stiles was back to pining after the strawberry blonde. Everything seemed to have returned back to the way it was.

Everything but me.

I had been in a constant state of paranoia, constantly looking over my shoulder, waiting to see piercing red eyes in the darkness. The alpha being in the movie store at the same time as me was no mistake.

They were there because I was, because they knew that I had put a spell on them.

And whilst there had been no more sightings of 'mountain lions', I wasn't naive enough to believe that it was over. It was the calm before the storm. And I was preparing myself for the latter.

"YOU LOOK SO HOT!" Lydia squealed whilst pulling me into a tight hug.

"As do you!" I mumbled back whilst searching the hallway with narrowed eyes. "Have you seen Alli?"

"I think she's already in english."

"Okay, see you later."

Pulling my phone out my pocket, I quickly checked for any messages I had missed over the past few days. But there was nothing. No messages from Stiles. No messages from Scott. No messages from Derek.

Nothing.

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry." A quiet voice mumbled as they collided into me.

A ball of blonde frizzy hair quickly darted past me, practically running to the back of the room before I had the chance to talk to her. With a hint of a frown on my face, I slowly walked towards her seat.

"Hey." I whispered with a small smile. "I'm Aires."

Shock filled the girls chocolate brown eyes as she practically gaped at me. "I know." She mumbled quickly as her cheeks burned a bright red. "I'm- uh- I'm Erica." She barely whispered.

She was so nervous that all I wanted to do was hug her.

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Wait I recognise you." I whispered as I racked my brain for where had seen her. "You're in the ballet studio sometimes, right?"

"Uh yeah, but I don't do ballet. I would love to but I can't, i'm epeleptic so its best I dont I guess, I just watch."

"Well, If you want, we can always hang out there sometime? I can show you an early preview of some dances and stuff."

"Sure." She whispered and I watched with a smile as a small grin stretched across her lips. "I'd love that."

Feeling triumphant, I quickly mumbled a goodbye and slid into my seat. Though my smile faded as my eyes locked onto my two dumbass best friends.

"Are you seriously not talking to me?" Scott overdramatically whined, making me roll my eyes. "Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and... that I went to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But, obviously, I'm not talking to you..." Stiles shot back.

"What are you two idiots on about?" I interupted with narrowed eyes.

"Stiles dad."

The last anyone heard of the terrorising mountain lion was the attack in the school parking lot on the night of the teacher parent conference. Whilst there were no casualties Noah did bump into a car, however the guy barely had a scratch on him.