(3 days) Pain

Grace POV:

The past day has gone by fast, mostly because i was high on medication and also because the cream we stole from erudite had some side effects. Four had been giving me the 'told you so'-look the whole day and i almost punched him at dinner, he was lucky that Max and Eric were holding me back.

I groan and roll out of bed looking for the few painkillers i had left and grabbed some water to swallow them.
The pain has numbed a few minutes after and i walked towards the shower, grabbing some fresh clothes, a black shirt and some black leggings and my black slippers and went to take a shower.

*30 minutes after*

I walked towards the cafeteria, shrugging my leather jacket on and adjusting my hair that fell loose on my shoulders.
I yawn and get a muffin and a big cup of coffee. I was so tired, the painkillers were really getting to me and i hated that.
I sit down at the usual, still empty, table and start sipping at my coffee, lost in thought.
The attack is going to be in 3 days and im feeling more and more anxious.
What if something goes wrong?

"Morning cupcake.", i hear Eric grumble beside me the sleep clearly on his face.
"Hey.", i yawn and we sip our coffee in unision.
We sit there in comfortable silence as Four sits down infront of us followed by Tris and Caleb.
I wonder where Max is but pay not much attention to it since he might be still sleeping.
Four and Eric start talking about some strategies they tried yesterday and i soon zoned out, picking at my muffin.
"Grace?", I hear someone ask and i look at that person, still chewing on my muffin.
It was no one other than Miller standing before me.
"Ah Miller, whats up?", i ask, smiling.
"Well, you know i just wanted to tell you that Jack just returned from that mission Evelyn had sent him to a few months ago.", he says crossing his arms behind his back.
I almost choke on my muffin when i hear him and look at him in surprise.
"Who's Jack?", Eric asks curiously.
Miller clears his throat attempting to answer and i shoot him a 'dont you dare'-look, which shuts him up.
"No one Eric he's no one important he was just helping me train the initiates when you guys weren't here.", i answer and put on a fake smile.
He just raises his brow, clearly not buying it but says nothing.
"Something else you wanted, Miller?", i ask and look back at him. He just shakes his head. 'Keep him away from me', i mouth and he nods turning away from our table and leaving the cafeteria.
"What was all that about?", Caleb asks and i shrug pretending not to know anything.

What was Jack doing here again? I thought Evelyn had banished him for good.

I clearly lost my appetite and i was bouncing my leg repeatedly looking for any signs of him in the cafeteria. I have to avoid him at all costs. He had done enough already.

Eric suddenly grabbed my leg to stop it from bouncing and gave me a questioning look. "Everything okay?", he muttered with his mouth full of cereal.
I nod and smile and go back to sipping my coffee.

Flashback: (The day Grace arrived at the hideout)

"So Grace this is Jack Morgan, one of my best men here he's going to help you train.", Evelyn explains motioning to a tall goodlooking man, his hair is short and black his icy blue eyes piercing right through hers. From the moment Grace had seen him she hadnt a good feeling about him. This man was trouble and she knew it, yet she decided to play along and pretend she liked that guy named Jack, he was hot so it wasnt that hard.
"Hi, im Grace.", she smiled brightly and shakes his hand.
"Yeah, i know heard awful lot about you. Dauntless leader, huh?", he asked with an impressed look on his face.
"Ah, yeah well, former dauntless leader.", she laughs.
"Ah yes, divergent. Oh man, those peoples way of thinking is so primitive.", Jack laughs and they start walking towards the training hall.
"Thats why i left.", Grace lies putting on another fake smile.
He squinted his eyes at her and hooks his arm under hers, which gives her goose bumps.
"Im gonna enjoy working with you.", he exclaims and the both laugh.