Chapter Thirty-Six: Questions

Adrien walked up the stairs, wondering what happened to her. Did he do something wrong that could’ve upset her? He continued his way up the stairs and to his room. When he opened the door, he could hear quiet sobs coming from their bathroom. When he went to the bathroom door, he moved his ear so he could hear her more clearly. She’s mumbling something but he couldn't quite get what it is. 

“M’lady..?” he whispered, cracking the door just a smidge. “May I come in, please?”

She did not answer the first time, so he tried again, “M’lady..?” Still no response. He just went in to see her sitting on the floor and sobbing. He went to her side and hugged her. He didn’t let go until she looked up at him. 

“A-Adrien? What are you d-doing here?” Marinette questions. 

“I’m here to make you feel better. Did I do something wrong?” 

“No, no. I’m alright. You don’t need to comfort me.” 

“Yes I do. I did something that made you upset. Can you please tell me what it is?” 

“No, really, you did nothing wrong.” Marinette uttered.

“Tell me, please? I love you, and I'd never intentionally hurt you.” Adrien pleaded. 

Marinette looked into his green emerald eyes to see him really being honest with her. “When you said that we won't have a child, I felt my heart sank because I was planning so much for the both of us. I-I just thought you didn’t want to have a family. I went over here to let it all out.” 

Adrien finally realized that he shouldn’t have said that. “I’m so sorry. Of course I want a family with you. You’re the most perfect girl to love. Why shouldn't I want that kind of life with you?” 

“No one is perfect, kitty.” Marinette reminded him. 

"Yes, I know that, but you're still the lady of my dreams." he smiled at her. "Now do you forgive me?" 

"I forgive you, kitten." she kissed him.

“How would you like it if I gave you a nice bath? A scrub on the back maybe? While we wait.” Adrien offers. 

“Would you really?"

“Of course I will! I owe you an apology.” 

“Thanks.” 

Marinette hopped in the shower with Adrien following her. She turned it on and she smiled at the feeling of the warm water hitting her skin. Adrien grabbed a bottle of soap and pumped it on her back. He scrubbed it lightly while also giving her a massage. Marinette enjoyed this little treat of his. 

“A little more on my right shoulder please.” Marinette requested. 

“As you wish, m’lady.” Adrien moved the luffa to where she wanted it and smiled at her.

“Enjoying it?” 

“Mhm. thanks again.” 

“Anytime.” He continued to repeat this till they were finally done. Marinette put on her clothes and Adrien changed his. 

"Let's go now, mom and dad are waiting for us. And maybe the food is already there too." Adrien held his hand out for her and she gladly accepted it. He pulled her to her feet and walked back to where Nathalie and Gabriel were. They sat on the table, completely silent. 

“Is everything alright?” Nathalie asks.

“It’s all good now, don't worry.” Marinette tells.