38

"GO TO HELL!"

"GO TO HELL!"

an ear piercing scream errupted from jeno's throat, echoing through the halls as the entirety of whatever this place was shook to its core. taeyong squinted his eyes a bit, cringing as the sheer force of the boy's scream caused an immediate headache to occur. the leader had no time to dwell on it too much, though, seeing as the latter was already pouncing on him.

the noirette let out a hateful growl, harshly grabbing the red head's collar before landing a hard punch across his pretty face.

taeyong's head flew to the side, drops of crimson spilling from his nose at the sudden blow. he felt the rage radiate off the younger, attempting to smirk but failing miserably as another, much stronger punch hit him once again. "fuck.", the red head cursed, feeling his nose crack as the two hits soon turned into
fullblown abuse.

jeno saw nothing but red, throwing punch after punch as he watched the man seemingly crumble in his hold. he hadn't stopped, not for a second. taeyong hadn't moved or attempted to fight back, however, which made his anger grow even larger. "fight back, you filth!", he screamed at him, watching his bruised face jerk back and forth as he grabbed him by the collar and shook harshly.

much to his dismay, the leader remained silent.

eating away at his sanity.

fueling his rage further, jeno clenched his fist even tighter and swung at the man's stomach. taeyong gasped as he felt the air being knocked out of him, eyes rolling back slightly as he finally collapsed to the floor. seeing the older lying on the ground as his body yearned for oxygen, jeno made it his mission to hurt him until he could no longer feel the pain.

beat him until he passes out or, even better, dies.

"sweet dreams, scum."

just as he crouched down and swung his fist to put the other to sleep, the door burst open— nearly flying off its hinges at the sheer force. jeno's eyes flew over to look at the interruption for a brief second, his breath caught in his throat as he was prepared to kill every single person in this place if he had to.

all he wanted, no needed was to kill taeyong

"jeno..."

but not like this.

not while they were watching him.

soon enough, the thumping off feet hitting the carpet as the intruders advanced towards him was the only thing he could hear. he didn't even register the warm hand being placed on his shoulder, his body suddenly pulled into a tight embrace. jeno's eyes were dead, hollow and dull as he stared ahead with no emotion whatsoever.

not even the tears soaking up his hoodie as the one holding him began sobbing and shaking uncontrolably were enough to pull him back to his senses.

"god, w-what did you do?", the person spoke through their cries, voice breaking as they pulled back to look at jeno. the familiar pair of striking, dark eyes peered up at him, urging him to feel something, anything. yet he remained unmoving.

"renjun."

he called out, almost like an mindless whisper as he didn't have it in him to pour emotion into hui words. the chinese male bit at his lip, forcing himself to stop crying as jeno stared back at him with bloodshot eyes void of their usual spark. he watched the dried tears on the boy's cheeks, similar to his own yet he clearly doubted jeno was even aware he had spilt them.

the noirette seemed... out of it.

like he was here phisycally but his mind and soul were somewhere far, far away.

"what happened, jeno?"

another voice spoke, crouching beside the two as he briefly glanced at taeyong's nearly lifeless body. the pinkette gluped slightly, taking in the truly pitiful form their leader was in. taeyong had a busted lip, both eyes swollen shut as his face was severly bruised and battered. his shirt rose up slightly, revealing a set of nasty bruises on his defined stomach as well. and if you looked closely enough, you could see a small croockedness in his always perfect nose.

to put it short, he was hurt.

badly.

jeno's previously dull state had taken an unexpected turn as he followed the line of jaemin's vision, the ember of hatred burning inside him once more. it was never put out to begin with, of course. it's just that the duo's unexpected intrusion made him forget about it for a moment.

"that bastard got what he deserved is what happened."

the couple had never heard jeno speak with so much hatred and pain in his voice all at once before.

the sheer ammount of malicious intent in the noirette's words was enough for their knees to almost buckle, never having expected they'd hear that coming from him. renjun sucked in a harsh intake of air as jeno escaped his embrace, shoving the boy back rather harshly as he did so. he rose to his feet, dusting off his pants and hoodie as if nothing happened.

jaemin was quick to come to his boyfriend's aid, gently bringing him up to stand. he felt the smaller shake in his arms, pushing his back against his warm chest to give him some sense of comfort. both their eyes followed every movement the noirette made, an unexplainable ammount of shock and, more importantly, hurt ripping through them like knives.

"what do you mean, jeno? please just- just say something!", renjun cried out, attempting to break free from the pinkette's hold and run to the boy. jeno simply watched the exchange, hands in his pockets as if what they did didn't matter to him. as if they didn't matter to him. "calm down, love.", jaemin whispered sweet nothings into the chinese male's ear, although he desperately yearned for an explanation as well.

"yeah, listen to your boyfriend. and stop fucking crying like a little bitch."

all words got stuck in their throats as they stared ahead, hearts breaking in symphony as they watched the person they both cared so much about treat them like complete trash.

and then, the hurtful realisation sunk in.

the boy standing right in front of them wasn't lee jeno. instead, it was some twisted, sick version of him and that was not the boy they knew.

the boy they both came to love.

"what is- TAEYONG!"

their thoughts were interrupted by a deep voice cutting through them like butter, their bodies unmoving as they stood there completely frozen. soon enough, a flock of people flooded the room, closing in on the three boys. jeno payed no mind to the man advancing towards him with a knife in his hand as their shouts mixed with tears of despair and panic.

all he heard was the slow, steady beating of his heart.

followed by darkness clouding his vision.

finally updated again lol sorry for being inactive

it's been a hectic week in school ig