*Pick up*

August 16th, 1994

The car ride how was incredibly silent, even though Petunia and Vernon were furious with their daughter, they kept quiet for fear that the driver would report back to the grandparents. After an insult about Harry, Iris lets her tongue go, creating hell. Percy, Dudley, and Auriga stayed silent the whole night watching, but it only exhausted Percy. The other two found it entertaining. It was 6 in the morning, the argument going on very long, plus the car ride. They were dropped off, and Vernon went straight to Harry's room to unlock it after Harry whined to go to the bathroom. Iris would have giggled, but her mother was throwing daggers. 

"You two, in the living room." Vernon seethed, while also picking up some mail on the ground. He left it in the kitchen, now teaming up with his wife to scream at Iris. Percy sat on the couch, not sure whether he should leave now, or announce his departure. The row between the family didn't give him a chance to leave. "How absolutely immature of you Iris!" Petunia yelled, Vernon, pouring himself a drink. Iris scoffed, "Immature? How about you tell that to Gram and gramps?" Percy thought she had a point but kept his mouth shut. He was absolutely terrified when watching how the family treated each other. "You embarrassed us! Absolutely disgraceful!" The woman shrieked. "please, you embarrassed yourselves! Of course, people like you would end up with a mess like me!" Vernon slammed his drink onto the table. "DON'T talk to your mother like that!" Iris didn't back down. "She's never been, my mother! Just the owner of me! You haven't either! Some people are surprised I became a decent person growing up with you two as parents!" Petunia gasped, clearly offended. "Decent?" Vernon said, looking like the grinch. "You're not even close to being human! Even before you ran away with your lot, you were a devil child!" 

Iris rolled her eyes, starting to take off her earrings and her hair. "Did you forget who raised me? An apple doesn't grow on its own!" Petunia recovered from her shock. "Yet you fell very far from the tree." Petunia said, finishing the saying. "I can't believe the person you turned out to be, after all, we did for you-" Iris stuck out her hand, stopping her. "Can we not do this now?" Gesturing to Percy, who was relieved they wouldn't continue to fight. "We just fought 3 hours ago for eternity, please stop." Petunia sighed, then went into the kitchen to eat something. Vernon wasn't paying attention to the last part of their argument but was reading one of the letters, which had many, many stamps. "Boy!" Vernon yelled, bringing harry down. He looked confused but was slightly happy to see Iris again. "What this?" He asked, showing the letter. 

Iris squinted to see the writing and was surprised when she saw it was from Mrs. Weasley. She also saw the word quidditch, which reminded her of the world game tomorrow. She was going to go with Mika since she finally got time off work. "Uh, a letter," Harry said obviously. "Yes, a letter about you." He read the letter out loud, and Percy flushed red. Iris felt like teasing him but stopped when she remembered they weren't a couple anymore. "Oh, I didn't know that? So can I go?" Something in Harry's voice made Iris think he already received a letter from Ron and was just acting surprised. "Wait, Weasley." He muttered, scratching his head. "Where do I know that name?" Percy felt very embarrassed, his face almost the colour of his hair. Vernon came to the realization and pointed accusingly to Percy. "Is this your family?" He demanded. Percy gulped and spoke up. "Yes sir, and I apologize for the amount of, er stamps." Vernon continued to scan the letter, and Iris could tell he was deciding whether or not he should let Harry go. "What's quidditch? What's this rubbish?" Harry and Iris felt annoyed. 

"It's a sport, played on brooms," The single word made up his mind. "All right, all right! You can go. They're coming in about an hour, get your stuff ready. You girl, and Weasley, leave." Percy was glad to get on his feet, but Harry's suggestion caught him. "Wait, Iris, can't you stay until I leave?" Iris knew Harry was afraid of being left alone, so sighing, she obliged, much to her father's dismay. "Wait Percy," Iris said his name for what felt like the first time in forever. "Your family is coming, why don't you stay?" It was an innocent offer, iris actually felt kind of bad for dragging Percy to hell last night, it would be too much work to apparate to somewhere you could get a ride from. "Uh," Percy said, not really wanting to stay but sort of understood her point, "I guess if it's alright with you Mr. and Mrs. Dursley." Vernon glared at him but came to a conclusion. "If you must, you're not so much like your lot anyway," he mumbled. 

****

At ten o'clock the Dursleys started expecting guests. They wore their clothes from last night, it was decent enough. Percy had decided to work on a report that was due soon in the living room, Iris sitting across from him reviewing her lessons for that year. She was excited and terrified at the same time. Most of her students were going to be people she knew, so it would obviously be awkward. But as mentioned by Dumbledore, most of them would be mature so it shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, Arithmancy wasn't too hard to teach, you really only need your textbook. The Weasley's were late, ticking Vernon off and making Percy uncomfortable. This was the side that irritated him. Finally, half an hour later than expected, something banged in the fireplace. 

"What is it? gasped Aunt Petunia, who had backed into the wall and was staring, terrified, toward the fire."What is it, Vernon?" But they were left in doubt barely a second longer. Voices could be heard from inside the blocked fireplace. "Ouch! Fred, no - go back, go back, there's been some kind of mistake - tell George not to - OUCH George, no, there's no room, go back quickly and tell Ron -" 

"Maybe Harry can hear us, Dad - maybe he'll be able to let us out -" There was a loud hammering of fists on the boards behind the electric fire. "Harry? Harry, can you hear us?" The Dursleys rounded on Harry like a pair of angry wolverines. "What is this? growled Uncle Vernon."What's going on?" "They - they've tried to get here by Floo powder," said Harry, fighting a mad desire to laugh."They can travel by fire - only you've blocked the fireplace - hang on -" He approached the fireplace and called through the boards. "Mr.Weasley?Can you hear me?" The hammering stopped. Somebody inside the chimney-piece said, "Shh!" "Mr.Weasley, it's Harry...the fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through there." "Damn!" Iris giggled, finding the situation hilarious. Percy was afraid this would happen and sheepishly tried to help his family out of the fireplace. In the end, they blew it up, and a very long conversation occurred, mainly with Mr. WEasley talking to himself. They left, but not without Dudley eating one of the twin's creations causing an uproar among Iris's parents. Iris continued to giggle, making Harry happy, despite the situation.