bringing your baby home (requested)

"Hang on, baby. Let me help you!" Mina said as she gently put the car seat, where your little girl slept soundly, on the floor beside the bed before walking to you.

You were moving slowly and even though you don't want to admit it, you need Mina's help doing the simplest of things, such as getting into bed.

Your body was aching terribly from bringing your sweet little girl into the world just a couple of days ago.

But you can't complain too much.

It was so worth every second of everything you went through to get her here.

You laid down and Mina fixed your pillows, even giving you one of hers to help you prop your head up.

"Is that better? Are you cold at all?"

"I'm okay. Thank you, Mina." You said and sent her a small smile before she kissed you.

When she pulled away she knelt on the floor in front of the car seat and slowly and gently, she lifted your little girl out from it and then laid her on your chest.

She planted a soft, lingering kiss on her head and smiled as she let out a cute little soft sound, her heart swelling in her chest yet again.

"Hi, cutie." You whispered as you stared down at your daughter while Mina carefully got into bed, hoping she wouldn't disturb your sleepy little girl.

"I think we've got the world's cutest baby right here." Mina giggled as she watched your daughter sleep.

She was unable to resist and had to brush her fingers along the baby's tiny hands that rested on your chest, as well as her tiny little ears.

Mina was in awe.

Not just of your little girl, but you, as well.

She's watched you for the last few months. She's watched you push through the ups and downs that being pregnant brought along. There were a lot of them, the journey seeming to be never-ending and exhausting.

But she's so amazed by your strength, so proud of you.

Seeing you bring the little human she's been so in love with for so long into the world still makes her heart skip a beat.

You're so incredible and she can't stop telling you that.

And your daughter - oh, Mina's heart hasn't ever felt so happy. She's never cried so many tears of joy or loved someone so much so fast. It's something she can't explain; the love she has for your baby.

It's inexpressible and incomparable.

She's so amazed by how small your daughter is. How cute her cheeks are, how tiny her ears and nose are, how precious her ten tiny toes and ten tiny fingers were. Her tiny strands of hair on her head, her eyes so big and bright when they're open.

Everything about your baby was so sweet and precious and she's never been so happy before.

She snapped out of her thoughts a moment later and moved to take your daughter's small hand into hers.

"Hi, precious angel," she whispered and kissed her head softly before she began to caress the baby's cheek. "Oh, I love you so much."

You smiled to yourself and put your head on Mina's shoulder, adoring the way she talked and interacted with your little angel.

"I'm still so happy you're here now, in the world. It can be a big scary place but I promise you that you've got two moms who love you so much and always will. I promise I will love you unconditionally for as long as I live." She spoke and felt your little girl wrap her tiny fingers around her pinky.

"You're an amazing mom already." You said as you stared at her proudly. "I've always known you would be. You're so kind and loving and nurturing. She's only two days old and I'd say she's the luckiest and most loved little girl in the world."

"I wholeheartedly agree." She smiled and kissed your cheek. "I love her so much already. I knew I would the moment you told me you were pregnant, but I never thought I could love someone so much."

You both stared down at your daughter and watched her breathe for a moment.

"You're the most incredible mother ever, and the strongest and most beautiful woman. I'm so amazed by you. I hope you never forget that."

"I love you."

"I love you more." She grinned and kissed you lovingly before staring back down at the baby.

"Welcome home, angel. You're going to love it here. It's a place of love and only love. That I promise you, precious." She said and kissed the baby's cheek, her heart skipping a beat again and again as you continued to lay with each other and watch her sleep.