𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

She keeps telling herself that she doesn't owe anyone an explanation for her love life, especially Ezra Moore

She keeps telling herself that she doesn't owe anyone an explanation for her love life, especially Ezra Moore. Yet, her decision to ghost him and his request to come over after the night out at the club may be the pettiest shit she's ever done.

She doesn't need to explain herself, not when he practically did the same thing to her two months ago. Only difference? She actually liked the guy she chose over him. Ezra doesn't like anyone he sleeps with. That was more than apparent considering she never heard a word of that girl from the party again.

Still, she can't explain her motives in choosing between the two males besides the fact that Monte didn't expect anything from her. In fact, the male made a point to make her feel comfortable and devoted a majority of his attention to her without any stipulations or games. Even her stopping by at his bus didn't automatically equal sex to Monte. In fact, Billie even had to take it upon herself to make the first move.

That kind of control is something she just didn't have with the singer. Ezra is the type of guy that always gets what he wants and is so secure in his charm and sex appeal that he knows every woman wants him. He doesn't have to ask or guess, he just knows.

Perhaps she wanted to prove to herself that she didn't need Ezra, as if she hadn't spent the past few months silently and regretfully pining after the singer. Hell, she had been so bitter about his dismissive nature towards her and desperately wanted to capture his attention for more than an evening. But Ezra doesn't operate that way. It's clear her window came and went, and he doesn't seem the least bit bothered by it.

The day of travel in between their next show is filled with radio silence from the male, and Billie assumes that he either doesn't care all that much or decided to write her off. Thankfully, that inebriated excuse would be useful when she inevitably sees him again. Then, the two can go back to denying any palpable form of attraction between them.

Last night was a mistake, but not for the reasons she would've thought. She wanted Ezra to feel the kind of dismissal she had experienced, wanted him to know she wasn't just some toy he could pick up and put down whenever he pleased. Sleeping with him would've only rewarded his shitty behavior.

Still, her attraction for the male is not a switch she can just flip on and off. That night only ignited the embers nestled within her soul, but somehow, she could also feel herself grow fonder for Monte. Her attempt to prove herself wrong about Ezra by sleeping with the other only made her more emotionally confused.

The girls are nursing incredible hangovers, including the singer, making the thought of any work almost unbearable. So, Billie is thankful that their majority of their time traveling is spent sleeping. At least then she didn't have to answer any questions about why she returned home around seven in the morning.

When they finally arrive in Nashville, Billie expects to be hauled off to fittings and sound checks for their show the following night. Yet, she's surprised and somewhat disappointed that their managers decided to cater lunch for the bands and crew. Though a majority of the roadies, including Monte, had to take their meals to go in order to start prepping for the following evening, Grand Motel and girlcrush remain present to eat. It's not exactly an interaction she's dying to have at this moment.